Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Ravin

Re: Josh Ravin

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post

That would be amazing. Just pitching well in Dayton would be good for me.
    Yeah it would be for me too. I wasn't saying he was going to fly through, but saying he's got the stuff to make it through quickly if puts it all together. Chance of that happening? 2 % I think a move to the pen may help his progress too.
    Last edited by TOBTTReds; 01-21-2008 at 11:01 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm glad to see so many people still on the Ravin bandwagon. Undeniably, he had a very rough 2007, as his control went AWOL, but I still really like him.

He's got great stuff and his mechanics are picture perfect. He maintains good tempo and balance throughout his delivery and throws a very easy mid-90s fastball.

Personally, I like him more than Kyle Lotzkar, but I'm very glad to have both in the system. If Ravin can find a consistent arm slot in 2008, then he could be poised to take a very large step forward.

I'm very excited to see what 2008 holds for Ravin.

I wish I understood lower level minor league talent a lot more. So many fresh guys at those levels.

Ravin sounds like he's just stupid sometimes. He's mad because he went to rookie ball and then he got pounded there. No strikeouts, tons of walks, and a high era and whip. What a dope!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Red Daddy View Post
    Ravin sounds like he's just stupid sometimes. He's mad because he went to rookie ball and then he got pounded there. No strikeouts, tons of walks, and a high era and whip. What a dope!!!
    Don't think you know the whole story on Ravin.....

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Agreed.

For one thing, he struck out 39 hitters in 40 innings, which isn't too shabby. The control obviously vanished, but part of that may have to do with a bit of shoulder soreness he experienced in Billings. That may have resulted in him becoming hesitant and slightly altering his arm slot to compensate for the soreness.

Personally, I think his struggles have much more to do with the growing pains that young pitchers go through than anything else. I haven't heard any negatives about his attitude or him being disappointed at being sent to Billings.
    "Always do right. This will satisfy some people and astonish the rest."

Not entirely, I remember a quote from somebody that went something like, "he's got a major league arm with a peewee league brain??!!?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Red Daddy View Post
    Not entirely, I remember a quote from somebody that went something like, "he's got a major league arm with a peewee league brain??!!?!?"
    I wouldn't go that far. I will say that some things happened with Ravin that I doubt 99% of the people on this board know about last year.

I will say that some things happened with Ravin that I doubt 99% of the people on this board know about last year.
    Holding back some inside info Doug? Let me guess...he lost his hearing at an air show, which in turn affected his balance, which is why he can't find the plate.
    Last edited by Superdude; 02-13-2008 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Holding back some inside info Doug? Let me guess...he lost his hearing at an air show, which in turn affected his balance, which is why he can't find the plate.
    I am holding it back and I won't be letting it out. That said, no, it wasn't at an air show lol.

Doug is bluffing. Josh Ravin's 'problems' definitely stem from an air show incident.

I am holding it back and I won't be letting it out. That said, no, it wasn't at an air show lol.
    Is what happened something that will reveal his 2007 struggles to be an aberration of little long-term concern? Or, is what happened something that will hinder his future performance and impact his status as a legitimate prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by 11BarryLarkin11 View Post
    Is what happened something that will reveal his 2007 struggles to be an aberration of little long-term concern? Or, is what happened something that will hinder his future performance and impact his status as a legitimate prospect?
    All in all, it can explain some of what happened in 2007, should be no concern going forward.

All in all, it can explain some of what happened in 2007, should be no concern going forward.
    Good to hear, thank you kindly.

Turn Off Ads?