Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/27/10 Reds deep in the heart of Texas (Astros)

Re: 4/27/10 Reds deep in the heart of Texas (Astros)

Reds must be trying to set a record for getting picked off. Sigh. Guess Dusty didn't yell enough on Saturday.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bp needs a wakeup call

Ah a pick-off of a Reds runner. I love the running game.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I'm late to the party but I really like tonight's lineup.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I'm late to the party but I really like tonight's lineup.
    I hate the top 2, but the choices are limited.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I was listening to the Astros broadcast in my car. At this point in his life, Milo Hamilton may be the very worst baseball announcer I have ever heard.
    Where we gonna go?

Pretty wide strikezone tonight.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

He didn't have a big lead and wouldn't have been picked off if he was paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    As much as I bellyache about Phillips, I do like the idea of him batting 2nd if it keeps him from trying to jack the ball 450 feet. The results didn't show it in that at bat, but he was patient, worked himself in to a hitters count and put a great stroke on the ball. Good to see.
    This!

A big reason, despite his past slash lines, that I wanted him in the 2 hole... I hoped it would change his frame of mind and his approach would follow. Now if we can keep him awake on the bases!

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I was listening to the Astros broadcast in my car. At this point in his life, Milo Hamilton may be the very worst baseball announcer I have ever heard.

He's one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    This!

A big reason, despite his past slash lines, that I wanted him in the 2 hole... I hoped it would change his frame of mind and his approach would follow. Now if we can keep him awake on the bases!
    I think you have a better chance of being struck by lightning while holding the winning poweball ticket than of Phillips making a lasting change.

I won't be surprised to see Phillips traded during the season to make way for Frazier and a bit of salary relief--no matter how the Reds are doing.
    Where we gonna go?

I won't be surprised to see Phillips traded during the season to make way for Frazier and a bit of salary relief--no matter how the Reds are doing.
    I'd be in favor of it. He's about to become awfully expensive.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

His tradeability might be a stumbling block. That $12MM for next year (considering the club option buyout is a lock) is a question. He'd be more of a candidate in July 2011.

I'm in the minority that thinks Frazier would be a downgrade. The primary problem with Phillips is that he's used as a main man when he's a 6 or 7 hole second banana. If he was used as he should be he would be a strength.

Of course the money makes that difficult.

Turn Off Ads?