Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

"So Fla Red"

Re: Ludwick: I'm calling fans out

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    And it always seemed like some dumb thing would happen to cost the Red Legs the ball game. Don't remember winning that much out in Candlestick.
    Never, that place was a house of horrors for the Redlegs.

2. Turn Off Ads?

When you lose 3 straight at home to lose a playoff series, you lose all goodwill.

Sorry, but that playoff loss still pisses me off. And if they don't make it to the World Series this year, people need fired and players traded

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

If Cincinnati is not a "baseball town", then there is no such thing as a "baseball town".

It might not be the best, but it most certainly is a baseball town.

5. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-27-2013),Always Red (09-26-2013),joshua (09-26-2013),KittyDuran (09-26-2013),REDREAD (09-26-2013),WestSideBomber (09-26-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-25-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    On point #3. I live in New York - South. Most of the sports hosts and residents here discuss the Yankees/Mets/Giants/Jets/Knicks and the good old days of living in NYC all day long. Of course they all moved due to weather, high taxes and a host of other negative reasons why they'd never go back. But still, it's the greatest place on Earth...

Palm Beach/Broward is essentially like living in the epicenter of New York but with better weather, minus all the culture, iconic tourist spots, job opportunities, skyline and cold weather
    Just bring up Bobby Thompson and the shot heard round the world. Old New Yorkers will talk about that all day. Biggest event ever! Even bigger than when Willis limped out for game seven.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 09-26-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    I say give Reds fans something to be loud and energetic about, and they won't disappoint.
    For me, that's it right there. This team has been so... I don't want to say inconsistent since the record proves that isn't necessarily so, but one series we'll get world series caliber play, then in the next two we'll get little leaguers. It's been hard for me to get, and stay, excited about this team since I just don't feel I can trust them to maintain a lead, get a lead, or keep a lead.

8. Likes:

Always Red (09-26-2013),KittyDuran (09-26-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

I was at the game last night and frankly I was surprised at how many were there. Parking was difficult and so was finding a good seat for sapps like me who got a free ticket in nose bleed section. As I recall the attendance was about 29K. Not bad for a weeknight game after school's in session. I felt like the park got as jacked up as it could for a team that did little offensively. How much can they get jacked up for a run scoring double play? How much noise does Ludwick want us to make when Joey Votto does exactly that?

Why would he compare this series to a Pirates/Reds series? No, the better comp would be the recent Cards series. I saw parts of this interview on TV tonight. Ludwick's a tool in my mind after hearing that bile...

10. Likes:

joshua (09-26-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

Fire Brook Jacoby and there would be a lot of cheering and support coming from the reds fans.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Just bring up Bobby Thomson and the shot heard round the world. Old New Yorkers will talk about that all day. Biggest event ever! Even bigger than when Willis limped out for game seven.
    I try to avoid mentioning New York in any conversation in this area. Doesn't matter, it always ends up back in Queens, Staten Island or Brooklyn after a sentence or two.

I saw a kid with a Mets backpack walking out of an elementary school today. I thought about kicking both him and his mom in the rear end, but decided to use my better judgment. Can you believe a parent would subject a poor child to wearing a Mets backpack? That should be a DCF reportable offense...

13. Likes:

BuckeyeRedleg (09-26-2013)

I try to avoid mentioning New York in any conversation in this area. Doesn't matter, it always ends up back in Queens, Staten Island or Brooklyn after a sentence or two.

I saw a kid with a Mets backpack walking out of an elementary school today. I thought about kicking both him and his mom in the rear end, but decided to use my better judgment. Can you believe a parent would subject a poor child to wearing a Mets backpack? That should be a DCF reportable offense...
    My grandma was a big Mets fan, loved Lee Mazilli

"So Fla Red"

So we had the 1-0 turd on the field, Arroyo openly talking about going to the Mets and Ludwick who has done absolutely nothing all year for the club opening his yap about the fans. If someone whined about their insulting contract we'd have the complete sweep. Quite a day, Redlegs. You should be proud.

Didn't realize they had 29K last night and 26K tonight. Pretty decent crowds actually considering the series was merely a playoff seeding exercise not a win or go home playoff chase.

16. Likes:

Always Red (09-26-2013),joshua (09-26-2013),KittyDuran (09-26-2013),remdog (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    If Cincinnati is not a "baseball town", then there is no such thing as a "baseball town".

It might not be the best, but it most certainly is a baseball town.
    On a recent FSOH poll (and I'm guessing many of the responses came from Cincy) fans voted BP the team MVP over Votto by a margin I believe of 4-1. (~40%-9%). I am sure of Votto's 9%. I questioned the baseball intellect of Cincy on that one. Not that it goes hand in hand with fandom...but it showed how tuned in "casual" Reds fans are to the team.

Lets not mention the Mets tonight. New York baseball story. A few years ago I was in an old timer's apartment and I saw that he had on his wall the picture of Jackie watching Thompson crossing home.

http://www.ralphbranca.com/sitebuild...brancaimg2.jpg

You can see that to the right of the crowd at home there are two guys lugging a big old stand up camera, don't know how they got it out there that fast. The old fellow I was visiting pointed out that he was the tall guy with the big camera. he was a young photographer for the Daily News back in 1951.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-26-2013)

Daugherty can take this article and shove it. That rat bastard is nothing but a troll. If you buy into anything he writes, you probably also think professional wrestling is real.

21. Likes:

remdog (09-28-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc D View Post
    and your happy with the post season results. Gotcha.
    Wouldn't say I'm happy with the results, but I certainly have enough perspective not to call it a "failure."
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    HOW. DARE. HE.

I devote countless HOURS to criticizing, insulting, and being an overall pessimist toward this club and he has the NERVE to question my fandom???
    Isn't that our jobs as true fans, to call them out when they're being butts, but still keep coming back year after year after year after year...??!!?

Turn Off Ads?