Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fenway pictures

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Fenway pictures

Went to the Sox game today and took some more photos. The left handed hitter is everyone's favorite 1B, right before getting one of his two hits on the day. Then there is Manny rounding second after hitting an absolute blast in the first inning. His bat has "that sound." The others are just some random shots of the park, some from my seat and some from the upper deck.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fenway pictures

You're starting to get quite a collection of ballpark photos
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    You're starting to get quite a collection of ballpark photos
    I've gotten lucky recently, three ballparks in the last month. Last season it seemed that every time I was in a MLB city the team was on the road. I'm probably due for a dry spell soon. I'm going to have to get a flash drive to store all these photos on. I have quite a few more than what I've posted on here.

Is it sacreligious to say that I wish they'd implode that place and build a nice, modern stadium? I split season tickets there, and it's just not a comfortable place to watch a game. Everyone should see a game there once, but it's definitely not the best stadium to go to on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Is it sacreligious to say that I wish they'd implode that place and build a nice, modern stadium? I split season tickets there, and it's just not a comfortable place to watch a game. Everyone should see a game there once, but it's definitely not the best stadium to go to on a regular basis.
    Definitely not real high on the comfortable amenities, but it was a good experience nonetheless. I'm not a fan of obstructed views though. I'm making a point of seeing the old ones before they're gone. There's something about seeing a game in an old park and knowing all the history that's happened there.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I used to think it was sacrelige, having first gone there as a small boy, but have come around to your way of thinking as a grown man.

It really is built for the 1912 person (think smaller and less likely to be overweight). It's a lot of money to pay for a bad back and stiff neck for a week. If you're a small person or get some of the few seats with a reasonable amount of legroom, then it's no problem. For most, it's a problem. Fortunately, for Sox ownership, people keep buying the tickets. Then the Sox have a side-company that legally scalps its own tickets, which through a loophole in the revenue sharing rules doesn't go into revenue sharing.

You get spoiled going to games at Coors Field. Plenty of room and great concourse views when you walk around. It's too bad the Rockies have been awful this year.
    Stick to your guns.

Nice photo of Sean Casey. If I had a choice of Ballparks, I would visit Fenway.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

What did you have to pay for your ticket?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    What did you have to pay for your ticket?
    $30.

By the time I got there the game was listed as a sellout, but they had put some folding chairs in some unsold handicapped seating areas and were selling those for $30 and standing room only for $25. I was down the left field line, about halfway between third base and the foul pole.

You know, going to some of these other parks makes you appreciate what we have in Cincinnati. Do standing room only seats cost you $25? Not the last time I checked.

Turn Off Ads?