Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Trades I Make

Five Trades I Make

Obviously most if not all of these would be mutually exclusive. In this order:

1. Gregorius, Leake, Cingrani, and Lutz for Justin Upton
    2. Stubbs, Leake, and Lutz for Ellsbury
    3. Heisey, Corcino and Lotzkar for Choo
    4. Leake, Cingrani and Stubbs for Fowler
    5. Bailey and Stubbs for Fowler and Pomeranz

Now tell me which one(s) of these are wildly unrealistic/one-sided.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Five Trades I Make

5 might be, if the Reds are going to offer Bailey a long term extension as Fay referenced. NM, I just saw Jocketty mentioned he hasn't discussed a LTC deal with Bailey.
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 12-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

Where are the Reds going to get the money to pay for 1-3? The Rockies might be interested in something similar to #4, but Stubbs practically has negative value right now. #5 is an underpay, and I don't think your giving enough credit to how much Colorado likes Pomeranz.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I don't think any team with access to baseballreference.com will be too interested in Drew Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I don't think any team with access to baseballreference.com will be too interested in Drew Stubbs.
    I am constantly amazed at how few execs seem to reference such stats wgeb making deals...Stubbs has tools...there are always Jimbos out there that won't see past his potential. Looking at sone of this winter's contracts I'm stunned. Ludwick at 2/14m for instance suddenly looks extremely attractive, even cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    So you think the Astros might be interested then?
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    So you think the Astros might be interested then?
    Hey now. They HAVE access to baseballreference.com. They just don't know HOW to access the site, that's all .

I like the Heisey, Corcino, Lotzkar package the best. I think Choo would be an awesome acquisition if he could be had for that. Not really wanting to deal any of the current 6 starters, Didi or Cingrani at this point.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Instead of any of the above, I'll take my chances this year plus the next three with these players and prospects. With, hopefully a healthy Joey Votto. I'm not make any trades unless its for an impact player that is proven at this point. I'd do a Stanton deal and that's about it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Instead of any of the above, I'll take my chances this year plus the next three with these players and prospects. With, hopefully a healthy Joey Votto. I'm not make any trades unless its for an impact player that is proven at this point. I'd do a Stanton deal and that's about it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    So are you suggesting that none of the OF mentioned are "impact players that are proven"?
    Go BLUE!!!

So are you suggesting that none of the OF mentioned are "impact players that are proven"?
    Not enough to give up what you'd have to at this point. I don't trust Upton going forward, especially with that contract. Ellsbury can't stay healthy, and would only be here for one year (Boras client), Choo likewise (Boras client), and Fowler is nothing more than a Coors field creation (.700 OPS career on the road). So no, I wouldn't. I know some people are willing to take that risk, but I don't want a one year gamble on Ellsbury, or Choo, I don't want to tie up that money in Upton who is far, far from a sure thing. I think he's likely to go the way of his brother. I think the Reds are built for long term success with their pitching, especially with Corcino and Cingrani in the wings. They won 97 games last year with Stubbs in CF, and Votto playing on one leg for 1/2 the year. The pitching health won't hold again, but that's why I hold onto Corcino and Cingrani.
    Last edited by hebroncougar; 12-05-2012 at 08:23 AM.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

The problem is that Choo and Ellsbury are 1 year rentals, yet their current teams are wanting a kings ransom for them. And the Reds can probably not afford to sign either of them long term at this point. I'd be interested in Choo for LF if we could sign him to an extension.

Upton and Fowler are under reasonable control for a few more years. But again, both current teams want a kings ransom for them. Both are still young, Upton 25, Fowler 26, and their best years are probably ahead of them.

I think Bailey for Fowler is an overpay. I think Leake/Stubbs for Fowler would be more fair.

Upton is out of the picture at this point as the Reds have a near signing of Ludwick.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Not enough to give up what you'd have to at this point. I don't trust Upton going forward, especially with that contract. Ellsbury can't stay healthy, and would only be here for one year (Boras client), Choo likewise (Boras client), and Fowler is nothing more than a Coors field creation (.700 OPS career on the road). So no, I wouldn't. I know some people are willing to take that risk, but I don't want a one year gamble on Ellsbury, or Choo, I don't want to tie up that money in Upton who is far, far from a sure thing. I think he's likely to go the way of his brother. I think the Reds are built for long term success with their pitching, especially with Corcino and Cingrani in the wings. They won 97 games last year with Stubbs in CF, and Votto playing on one leg for 1/2 the year. The pitching health won't hold again, but that's why I hold onto Corcino and Cingrani.
    Agreed.

Now if an extension could be worked out at a non-payroll-breaking rate for Choo...I'd reconsider. But I don't see that happening unfortunately...because I think he'd be a perfect fit as a player.

My trade

Trevor Bauer for Didi.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I honestly think the Red Sox hang up on the Reds if they call and offer that package for Ellsbury
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Turn Off Ads?