Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Will You Be Rooting For?

Who Will You Be Rooting For?

Since it looks like the Reds will be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention sometime next week, our interests will turn to the real baseball being played in the rest of Major League Baseball and the playoff races. So here's the question. Who will you be rooting for to end up playing in October? I don't want who you think will make it to the playoffs, rather I want to know who you want to see in the playoffs. The only rule is your picks have to be realistic.

I'll start...

NL East: New York
    NL Central: Milwaukee
    NL West: San Diego
    Wildcard: Arizona

AL East: Boston (only because anyone else would be unrealistic)
    AL Central: Detroit
    AL West: Anaheim (see Boston)
    Wildcard: Oakland
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Who Will You Be Rooting For?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post

NL East: New York
    NL Central: Milwaukee
    NL West: San Diego
    Wildcard: Arizona

AL East: Boston (only because anyone else would be unrealistic)
    AL Central: Detroit
    AL West: Anaheim (see Boston)
    Wildcard: Oakland
    My picks as well

How pathetic is it that we are almost eliminated and it's not even the end of June? Good gosh if it wasn't for Griffey I would have no interest in this team at all.

Hatteberg is Sean Casey

NL East : NY Mets
    NL Central : Cubs
    NL West : Diamondbacks
    NL Wildcard : Phillies

AL East : Red Sox
    AL Central : Detroit
    AL West : LA Angels
    AL Wildcard : Mariners

Mariners, Phillies, and Cubs while realistic will be tough but this is what I would like to see.

I live less than 2 hours from Detroit and they are my second favorite team so once the Reds are eliminated I will be rooting for the Tigers to win it all.
    "YES! He rips it. Is it high enough? It's gonna be gone! Adam Dunn has done it again. Big #44 can take all day to round the bases here, thats done and gone- lookout dunner they're waitin for ya at home plate." - George Grand

"Did that just happen?" - Chris Welsch

i will be rooting for the NFL season to start

One team I'll root for mildly is San Diego. I liked Justin Germano when Dan O'Brien acquired him; I thought trading him last year was stupid; and I'm delighted to see him having success this year, not because it makes Krivsky look bad one more time--which it does--but just because it's good to see the kid have success. So I'll be rooting for Germano and San Diego in the West.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

Good question Reds Freak.
    My picks - Brain over Heart...

NL Central - Cubs
    NL West - Padres
    NL East - Mets
    Wild Card - Phillies

AL Central - Detroit
    AL East - Boston
    AL West - LA Angels of Anaheim
    Wild Card - Oakland

Really surprised to see people picking the Cubs when, #1, they are pathetic, #2, evil, and, #3, they sit 7.5 back of pretty decent young team.
    How can one cheer against the Brewers? They are basically the Reds with well executed long-term plan.
    If we are chosing who we want to win:
    NL Central - Brewers
    NL West - Rockies(Who would have thought they would "get it" befor the Reds?)
    NL East - Phillies
    Wild Card - Mets

AL Central - Minnesota
    AL East - Toronto (I know, but I hate the ESPN teams)
    AL West - Oakland
    Wild Card - Cleveland

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

BoxingRed - I agree with you about how talented the young Brewers' players are. My concern with them is they have few players with experience of a pressure-filled pennant race. I think Lou Piniella will get the Cubs to the division crown this year, barring the possibility of a major trade acquisition by any of the NL Central teams sans the Reds. I think Lonnie Wheeler said in the paper today that the Reds would have to play .700+ baseball (perhaps Wheeler said .760- I'm not exactly sure) and the Brewers would have to go one game under .500 the rest of the way- for the Reds to tie the Brewers for the Central Division crown. I don't see this 2007 edition of the Reds doing that.

My heart however would love to see the Brewers go a long way in the playoffs and possibly pull off what the Cardinals did last year.

I just have a question for Reds Freak. Why does a team I want to win also have to realistic? I mean, just because me dating Jessica Alba is unrealistic doesn't/shouldn't mean I don't want to.

(And I really do mean this as an honest question. Not trying to be snarky)

I want Jessica Alba to win the National League Central.

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    BoxingRed - I agree with you about how talented the young Brewers' players are. My concern with them is they have few players with experience of a pressure-filled pennant race. I think Lou Piniella will get the Cubs to the division crown this year, barring the possibility of a major trade acquisition by any of the NL Central teams sans the Reds. I think Lonnie Wheeler said in the paper today that the Reds would have to play .700+ baseball (perhaps Wheeler said .760- I'm not exactly sure) and the Brewers would have to go one game under .500 the rest of the way- for the Reds to tie the Brewers for the Central Division crown. I don't see this 2007 edition of the Reds doing that.

My heart however would love to see the Brewers go a long way in the playoffs and possibly pull off what the Cardinals did last year.
    I guess I was thinking the thread was about who you were rooting for, and I can't find any reason to cheer for the Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig Reds Fan View Post
    I want Jessica Alba to win the National League Central.
    I bet Fox would too.

I'll still be rooting for the Reds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I'll be rooting for the Bengals because I can't root for another major league baseball team.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?