Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Cardinals discussion thread

Re: Cardinals discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Same here.
    Three of us 99% of the time. Illness and times I am away from home are the only exceptions.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

2. Turn Off Ads?

As much as I despise Chris Carpenter, I probably would have reacted just as he did in that situation.

Nyjer Morgan is a clown and there's no excuse for yelling profanities at a pitcher while on the basepaths. That's ridiculous.

The Tony Plush stuff might be funny if Morgan wasn't such a tool in real life, but his actual persona takes away from any humor in his alias.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Several Cardinals use Twitter to interact with fans or other players, and La Russa was asked how he would feel if one of his players used the medium to taunt or ridicule another team or player.
    "If they ever use it like he did, we would ban tweeting," La Russa said. "I think it's over. We're not worried about what Albert is thinking."
    There's even a Cardinals approved way to use Twitter. They're just so dang perfect, how do they ever lose a game? Oh wait, they don't, they never get beat, there's always some excuse why they lost, be it slippery balls, shadows, throwing inside the wrong way, getting even close to hitting Albert, moths in ears, bad calls, and of course, in Cincinnati, "its always something there."

That excuse shirt is getting mighty full.
    Last edited by traderumor; 09-10-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    As much as I despise Chris Carpenter, I probably would have reacted just as he did in that situation.

Nyjer Morgan is a clown and there's no excuse for yelling profanities at a pitcher while on the basepaths. That's ridiculous.

The Tony Plush stuff might be funny if Morgan wasn't such a tool in real life, but his actual persona takes away from any humor in his alias.
    Morgan and Carpenter deserve each other, that's for sure. I'm thinking roomies in the Narcissicist wing of the local mental hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    There's even a Cardinals approved way to use Twitter. They're just so dang perfect, how do they ever lose a game? Oh wait, they don't, they never get beat, there's always some excuse why they lost, be it slippery balls, shadows, throwing inside the wrong way, getting even close to hitting Albert, moths in ears, bad calls, and of course, in Cincinnati, "its always something there."

I despise the Cards as much as anyone, but I fail to see how they're in the wrong here. Nyjer Morgan has a history of being a wack job, hence his elbow thrown at Hanigan. And he's a big man, talking trash on Pujols on a social networking site. He's lucky Albert didn't get ahold of him on the field, it would've been a T-Rex devouring a chicken.

Yes, I dislike Nyjer Morgan so much he leads me to defend the Cardinals.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

So, you would swear at every player you struck out?

Morgan was simply reacting to a situation Carpenter started.

I'm also a little confused that Carpenter has come clean as he didn't want people thinking he was a lair, by telling us that he is, in fact, a liar.

At least we can add "liar" to Chris' resume.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post

I'm also a little confused that Carpenter has come clean as he didn't want people thinking he was a lair, by telling us that he is, in fact, a liar.

These Cardinals remind me of Dusty's Cubs his last year there. They've done about everything but call the radio booth and tell the announcers to stop criticizing them. Of course, with their homer announcers, that is no wonder.

Absolutely stunning to me how this is just being brushed aside and excused.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

No, but I'd probably have words for somebody who was swearing at me from the basepaths in previous innings.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Chris Carpenter. I'd say that's pretty well documented. But unless I'm reading the whole thing wrong, sounds like Morgan started this interaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

No, but I'd probably have words for somebody who was swearing at me from the basepaths in previous innings.

Don't get me wrong, I hate Chris Carpenter. I'd say that's pretty well documented. But unless I'm reading the whole thing wrong, sounds like Morgan started this interaction.

Agreed. Which is typical Nyjer Morgan. Actually, he'd be a perfect fit for the Cards. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there next season.

He's like the Ron Artest of MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post

Wow, you forgot at least 100 of their excuses. My favorite after a road loss earlier this year: Unpredictable hotel room service

Sad thing is that I always liked the Cardinals, up until Larussa. Probably will like them again when he is gone.

Don't look now but the Cardinals are still alive in the WC race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Don't look now but the Cardinals are still alive in the WC race.
    Yes, and the Brewers are faltering. That's what happens when....oh, never mind.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?