Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Rolen Talks Revived

Re: Rolen Talks Revived

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Bailey and EdE for Rolen would be an awful trade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Really, really awful.
    There would probably be more coming back to Cincy.

They can't seriously be thinking about Homer and EE for Rolen.

There has to be another player or some prospects (or money) coming back. Walt Jocketty isn't a total dunce.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Just do Homer for Rolen and see if EE can play LF for the rest of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

this was just posted at 4:59 pm

"Reds, Jays still talking about Rolen
    Posted on: July 27, 2009 4:25 pm
    Edited on: July 27, 2009 4:59 pm

The Reds are not sellers.

Despite an 0-6 trip to Los Angeles and Chicago, the Reds have continued to talk to Toronto about acquiring third baseman Scott Rolen, and sources said the deal has a chance of happening.

The Reds are in fifth place in the National League East, 7 1/2 games behind the first-place Cubs, but club officials are said to believe that the competition isn't imposing and that their young lineup would be helped considerably by the addition of the 34-year-old Rolen. Rolen is hitting .318 with eight home runs and 40 RBIs in 85 games for Toronto.

Cincinnati has scored fewer runs than any NL team other than San Francisco and San Diego.

Rolen, who is signed through 2010, played for Reds general manager Walt Jocketty for 5 1/2 years in St. Louis.

The Reds have talked to teams about trading pitchers, including Bronson Arroyo, but sources said such deals would only be made if they helped the Reds this year and next."

Im lost to think the Reds front office think Rolen alone will turn this lousy season around!!!! and then trading 2 of your starters and your closer.. I say ZERO chance they win hardly any more games and just have a rookie closer and 2 more AAA starters..

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445 View Post
    this was just posted at 4:59 pm

"Reds, Jays still talking about Rolen
    Posted on: July 27, 2009 4:25 pm
    Edited on: July 27, 2009 4:59 pm

The Reds are not sellers.

Despite an 0-6 trip to Los Angeles and Chicago, the Reds have continued to talk to Toronto about acquiring third baseman Scott Rolen, and sources said the deal has a chance of happening.

The Reds are in fifth place in the National League East, 7 1/2 games behind the first-place Cubs, but club officials are said to believe that the competition isn't imposing and that their young lineup would be helped considerably by the addition of the 34-year-old Rolen. Rolen is hitting .318 with eight home runs and 40 RBIs in 85 games for Toronto.

Cincinnati has scored fewer runs than any NL team other than San Francisco and San Diego.

Rolen, who is signed through 2010, played for Reds general manager Walt Jocketty for 5 1/2 years in St. Louis.

The Reds have talked to teams about trading pitchers, including Bronson Arroyo, but sources said such deals would only be made if they helped the Reds this year and next."

Im lost to think the Reds front office think Rolen alone will turn this lousy season around!!!! and then trading 2 of your starters and your closer.. I say ZERO chance they win hardly any more games and just have a rookie closer and 2 more AAA starters..
    Danny Knobler has been wrong repeatedly in the last few days. I'd take this report with a grain of salt.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Danny Knobler has been wrong repeatedly in the last few days. I'd take this report with a grain of salt.
    At face value, I'd take any report with a grain of salt. But the thing is, a lot of people have been saying the Reds are talking about Rolen.

I think there's an awful lot of smoke right now about this.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    At face value, I'd take any report with a grain of salt. But the thing is, a lot of people have been saying the Reds are talking about Rolen.

I think there's an awful lot of smoke right now about this.
    I do too, and I'm not saying Rolen won't be a Red. But, Knobler's sources have been way off this week.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I do too, and I'm not saying Rolen won't be a Red. But, Knobler's sources have been way off this week.
    That makes sense. I don't know that I've particularly seen his stuff this week so I can't speak for that.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I honestly don't know what good can come of this deal.

Rolen, IF he remains healthy will be a better defensive 3B than Edwin, but that's an awful BIG IF. I believe Edwin will put up better offensive numbers than Rolen for the remainder of this season and in the 2010 season.

Just my humble opinion.

If anything happens, and I seriously doubt we're going to see anything more than window dressing moves, the Reds will trade EE for Rolen. Rolen will have a stretch of good games including some nice plays and the fans will declare it a master move.

Rolen will then get injured, Adam Rosales/JHJ will take over third and EE will continue to produce for the Jays. Oh yea, to really rub it in, they'll find a way to fix EE's throwing issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Rolen will then get injured, Adam Rosales/JHJ will take over third and EE will continue to produce for the Jays. Oh yea, to really rub it in, they'll find a way to fix EE's throwing issues.
    Continue???

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/0...ng-a-deal.html

Reds Still Eyeing Scott Rolen
    By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 28, 2009 at 11:14am CST]

TUESDAY, 11:14am: Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports says the Reds "haven't ruled out" a Rolen acquisition, but must wait to see what the Jays do with Roy Halladay first.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

My guess is that Rolen would help about as much as Aurilia did in 05--that is, a lot. In spite of teeth-gnashers.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

This leads me to believe the deal is contingent upon the Jays kicking back some money, which perhaps they're not able (or willing) to do unless Halladay is traded.

Turn Off Ads?