Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Empty Nest

Empty Nest

Well, we dropped our daughter (Only child) off at college today....

So it's a very odd feeling now, for us, this 'Empty Nest'... One of those things that you're not sure how you feel. I'm excited for her, but at the same time, worried, scared, etc...

So, I guess I didn't have anything constructive, other than to just try and voice my feelings a bit, and find I can't even do that!

Any other empty nesters? Got any tips!
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Empty Nest

Turn her bedroom into a Reds shrine, or home theatre. That should suprise her when she comes home.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Turn her bedroom into a Reds shrine...
    Or perhaps a man-cave of some sort: flat screen, PS3, wet bar, etc...

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    Well, we dropped our daughter (Only child) off at college today....

So it's a very odd feeling now, for us, this 'Empty Nest'... One of those things that you're not sure how you feel. I'm excited for her, but at the same time, worried, scared, etc...

So, I guess I didn't have anything constructive, other than to just try and voice my feelings a bit, and find I can't even do that!

Any other empty nesters? Got any tips!
    Not an empty nester, but I find it helps me to view those type of life changes as opportunities. Ever wanted to learn how to play the guitar? Now you have the time.

GL

My wife and I will be doing dropping off of only child at college this coming Sunday.

Well, as to a Man room, I already have our extra bedroom as my music room, where I have my many instruments (Guitars, Basses, Mandolins) plus amps, music, etc. Plus I have my PS2 etc...

and Flyer, you have my deepest understanding on this!
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

My wife and I became empty nesters last September when our son started at Ohio State. We're starting the emptying process again as we've had two home over the summer; our younger daughter graduated from college in May, our sons been home since a little bit later. We just saw our daughter off last week for her new job in Atlanta, so we were empty again for a few days while our son continued a vacation with a friend's family. He'll leave sometime in September (midway for a leadership conference, then moving in) and, while I love 'em, I'm looking forward to not having them underfoot.

Last fall though we sort of wandered around trying to get our bearings - eating whatever we wanted for dinner, going out, meeting each other again as hokey as that sounds - very strange.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

My parents dropped me off at Otterbein College for football this past sunday, and they said that my room in the basement is now the "nude room"
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    My parents dropped me off at Otterbein College for football this past sunday, and they said that my room in the basement is now the "nude room"
    my Mom and Dad told my youngest brother that, he leaves for OSU in September. He said he was going to lock his door before he left.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Nude room, from the movie "Failure to Launch"...

We make the same kind of joke to my daughter!

Just because they leave doesn't mean they won't come back.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Just because they leave doesn't mean they won't come back.
    Boy Howdy.

Repeatedly.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?