Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

If the season ended the day the Reds, Philles, (Wildcard) Braves and Padres would make the playoffs. We would play the Braves with the Braves getting home field and the Padres would play the Phillies.

Let me say this. I hope if we make the playoffs we play Atlanta in the first round. They, like us, have a rotation that does not have a dominant starter like a Halliday or Carpenter. We also should have atleast split the series in Atlanta and should have swept them in Cincy. I'm very much looking forward to the Padres series to see how we match up against them because I don't think you can go by an April series in Cincinnati.. That was way to long ago.

One things for sure. I want no part of the Phillies in the first round.

This all being said, we have in no way clinched anything and it's still very possible that we won't make the postseason.. I guess I'm a guy that just likes to look ahead.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: IF and I mean IF we make the playoffs.. Who Do we want to play?

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    If the season ended the day the Reds, Philles, (Wildcard) Braves and Padres would make the playoffs. We would play the Braves with the Braves getting home field and the Padres would play the Phillies.

Let me say this. I hope if we make the playoffs we play Atlanta in the first round. They, like us, have a rotation that does not have a dominant starter like a Halliday or Carpenter. We also should have atleast split the series in Atlanta and should have swept them in Cincy. I'm very much looking forward to the Padres series to see how we match up against them because I don't think you can go by an April series in Cincinnati.. That was way to long ago.

One things for sure. I want no part of the Phillies in the first round.

This all being said, we have in no way clinched anything and it's still very possible that we won't make the postseason.. I guess I'm a guy that just likes to look ahead.
    I feel the same way, I think we match up the best with the Braves.

Braves and Padres scare me. I would want to play Philly

I have a problem with facing Halliday two of the five games though.. I would rather take my chances with someone else.. The man is hardly touchable when he is on

Quote Originally Posted by Parliament View Post
    Braves and Padres scare me. I would want to play Philly
    Why would you rather face the Phillies?

Nevermind I just checked our 2010 record against philly. 2-5 puke

braves

phillies are who id least like to face

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

I'm sorry,but I'm getting tired of these if threads.Still 40 games left.Sorry to come off like a grouch,but I hope to not to be reading ''IF we can manage to win games late and comeback and win the wildcard ''threads in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by AintlifeGrande; 08-21-2010 at 06:14 PM.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    I'm sorry,but I'm getting tired of these if threads.Still 40 games left.Sorry to come off like a grouch,but I hope to not to be reading ''IF we can manage to win games late and comeback and win the wildcard ''threads in a couple weeks.
    well don't read them if you don't like them.. i said IF a thousand times in my post.. I think its a valid question to ask people who they would want to play IF we made the playoffs.. I'm no way saying we have done enough to be in because we haven't

Yeah I'd definetely want to play the Braves right now. They have good starting pitching, and a good bullpen, but nothing really scares me about them.

The team I'd least want to play is the Phillies. We've been able to keep it close with them this year, but it seems like the Phils always find a way to win.

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    well don't read them if you don't like them.. i said IF a thousand times in my post.. I think its a valid question to ask people who they would want to play IF we made the playoffs.. I'm no way saying we have done enough to be in because we haven't
    Too late you already jinxed us. Now when we don't make the playoffs its completely your fault!

The Buckeye Bomber

In a five game series Atlanta is the best outcome. If you have to face Halladay twice in a series, you want seven games to best the Phillies in. Not 5.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

i feel like we could match up well with the braves, padres or giants. i want no part of philly. i hate to say it but i would also not feel very good about playing the cards in the playoffs either.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Too late you already jinxed us. Now when we don't make the playoffs its completely your fault!

Dang ya'll dont crucify me.I'm just a firm believer in one game at a time.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Padres

Turn Off Ads?