Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bruce injured...

Bruce injured...

Yikes that was an ugly replay. Stretched his wrist backward.

As tough as it is to say, Jay Bruce could probably use a trip to the DL more than anyone, as long as it's nothing serious.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bruce injured...

Should make a lot of fans around here happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    ??? Seeing your future star shouldn't make anyone happy. It might be good to get Bruce some time off and a rehab stint though.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidty623 View Post
    ??? Seeing your future star shouldn't make anyone happy. It might be good to get Bruce some time off and a rehab stint though.
    Lot of people dont even want bruce to be on the team, so yea im pretty sure they are happy in some fashion right now.

Thats uncalled for. I've criticised Jay as much as anyboy but hes still a great young talent who constantly gives 100% and just needs time to adjust. Nobody wants to see the kid get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Thats uncalled for. I've criticised Jay as much as anyboy but hes still a great young talent who constantly gives 100% and just needs time to adjust. Nobody wants to see the kid get hurt.
    But plenty of people dont want him on the roster.

Regardless of your personal feelings, that looked ugly. Hoping for the best for Brucey!

But plenty of people dont want him on the roster.
    I challenge you to find one post on the entire board that says that. Some say he needs a trip down but no one says he should leave the 40 man or be DFAd.

I challenge you to find one post on the entire board that says that.
    Are you trying to say no one on the board has said he should be in AAA?

I challenge you to find one post on the entire board that says that. Some say he needs a trip down but no one says he should leave the 40 man or be DFAd.

Wait, you're asking someone to back up a rediculous statement with a few hard facts. That seems a bit unfair.

Are you trying to say no one on the board has said he should be in AAA?
    He's still on the 40 man at that point.

Dude is getting on base at the same rate as Willy Taveras. He needs something to jump start him.

He's still on the 40 man at that point.

Dude is getting on base at the same rate as Willy Taveras. He needs something to jump start him.
    25 man roster you genius

and exactly you dont want him in the majors so him going on the DL shouldnt really upset you that much.

25 man roster you genius

and exactly you dont want him in the majors so him going on the DL shouldnt really upset you that much.
    You think that if he's ok he doesn't need something to jump start his bat? Or maybe to refine his approach?

I guess Bruce's .283 OBP is acceptable but Taveras' isn't?

You're just digging yourself in deeper. Explain to me how a couple of people saying Bruce should be send down for awhile justifies a statement that his injury "should make a lot of fans around here happy."

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    You're just digging yourself in deeper. Explain to me how a couple of people saying Bruce should be send down for awhile justifies a statement that his injury "should make a lot of fans around here happy."
    Did I say the injury itself was going to make people happy? Should make a lot of fans happy that he wont be playing for this team though. What you mean you guys arent happy he wont be playing? Are you upset that Mike Lincoln isnt pitching because he's hurt? No. Admit it you will be pretty happy to not see him in the line up.

Turn Off Ads?