Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well this is good to know

Re: Well this is good to know

Well we know from a couple quotes and videos posted that he won't be a Cub anytime soon

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Well one is in Washington having a very good season...Adam Dunn.
    Dunn is a good player but a superstar he is not, 1 all-star game and leading the league the league in strike outs does not make you a superstar.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

The only reason I would think of trading Votto would be his breakdown last season, I just think that the depression/pressure issues could return at any time.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    And the reds losing decade circles again.

Amen Willy.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The only reason I would think of trading Votto would be his breakdown last season, I just think that the depression/pressure issues could return at any time.

Why do you think that?Time heals all wounds,Votto was sick,then his Father died,he'll be fine.My Father died when I was child,as an adult now I don't get deeply depressed at the thought of his death.

with adam dunn we held onto him for as long as it was worth. its not like once his rookie contract was over we just let him go we did pay him.

but really, maybe my memory is off but have the reds really had any great prospects to come to their team from 1996-2007? off the top of my head, dunn (above avg player but time to go), kearns(promising future but injuries derailed him, williamson (see kearns), wagner (dont know what happened). im sure you guys can name some more but i think our farm system from the past was very mediocre.

Reds would have been better served to actually deal him earlier probably.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Reds would have been better served to actually deal him earlier probably.
    Definetely, Micah Owings does not equal Adam Dunn. If teams would have had more than a year with Dunn the Reds could have gotten some really nice value.

Turn Off Ads?