Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want a Reds Minor League team in West (By God) Virginia? Here's your chance....

Re: Want a Reds Minor League team in West (By God) Virginia? Here's your chance....

Bluefield would be an incredible location for the Reds. My thought is, why couldn't it up-grade to High A, since Lynchburg seems to be less than thrilled with the Reds? Reds have a tremendous following in W.Va. It could turn into another Dayton as far as fan support. I'd even make the trip to catch a game, as I live east of Cincy it would be < 4 hrs. from home.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Want a Reds Minor League team in West (By God) Virginia? Here's your chance....

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    Bluefield would be an incredible location for the Reds. My thought is, why couldn't it up-grade to High A, since Lynchburg seems to be less than thrilled with the Reds? Reds have a tremendous following in W.Va. It could turn into another Dayton as far as fan support. I'd even make the trip to catch a game, as I live east of Cincy it would be < 4 hrs. from home.
    I guess the situation here is, where would they play if they were Advanced A? Lynchburg will still have a team, Reds or no Reds. The Carolina League will not have a place for Bluefield, who would? For this to happen you'll have to have other teams involved in a relocating process.

Senor Votto

Oh how I would love to watch some Reds minor league games that are just an hour from home

Saw an interview with the Bluefield GM. Says he's talking to major league clubs. Obviously he didn't say which ones.

Toronto picked up Bluefield.

Turn Off Ads?