Stat geek...and proud

Re: Indiana Basketball

Freaking Harris.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Freaking Harris.
    He is a beast. Overall fairly happy with the effort and the way we played tonite. Turnovers and 11 missed layups in the 2nd half!

Not sure what I think anymore. There's too much talent on this Hoosier team to lose to a crap team like Nebraska.

That second half is one of the worst halves of basketball I've forced myself to sit through.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stat geek...and proud

Nebraska isn't bad at home though.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    Nebraska isn't bad at home though.
    Think about what you just typed. Plus, they looked bad last night. IU played like pure poop last night.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Think about what you just typed. Plus, they looked bad last night. IU played like pure poop last night.
    I mean it. We aren't better than they are, we aren't above them. Not this year. Looking down on them just because "they are Nebraska" is the mentality of another school down south who thinks college basketball would cease to exist without them. We are better than that.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014),redsfanmia (01-31-2014),Revering4Blue (01-31-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    As a Purdue fan, let me just say it could be worse, i.e. No offense+No defense+underachieving talent=Purdue right now. Throw in nobody really "working hard" and I am left with one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had. At least IU fans can tune in consistently and watch a pretty good player in Yogi. The Big Ten is just completely bizarre this year.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

We can talk about inexperience, turnovers, substitution patterns all we want, but, IMO, this post from another board is spot-on.

The reason IU is not so good this year relates directly to what has happened before and during the season - most of it unexpected. I call it Crean's "7 Sorrows:"
    1) Cody left early (expected)
    2) Vic left early (unexpected at the time of his recruitment)
    3) Remy Abell left (unexpected; would have played a ton this year)
    4) Maurice Creek left (unknown if this was expected; would have eventually become a starter)
    5) Luke Fischer left (unexpected)
    6) Will Sheehey failure to emerge as a scorer (unexpected)
    7) JH failure to emerge as starter/scorer (unexpected)

Yes, every team has difficulties, injuries, transfers, etc. However, the large number that hit IU has been too much to overcome. Anytime 5 players leave, you are in trouble as there is a lot of collective knowledge about running the system. Three of the players were decent outside shooters (now clear that we needed at least one to stay). With both Cody and Luke gone, there is no real center. And, odds were that at least WS or JH would emerge (bad luck I guess).
    http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/01...-3/#more-36371
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    We can talk about inexperience, turnovers, substitution patterns all we want, but, IMO, this post from another board is spot-on.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/01...-3/#more-36371
    Agree with those 7. Add to them Hanner Mosquera-Perea's inability to develop any game at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Creek was "Creened" he didn't leave unexpectedly. Creen did not recruit any shooters, this is an NIT team at best
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

13. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (02-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin View Post
    As a Purdue fan, let me just say it could be worse, i.e. No offense+No defense+underachieving talent=Purdue right now. Throw in nobody really "working hard" and I am left with one of the weirdest experiences I have ever had. At least IU fans can tune in consistently and watch a pretty good player in Yogi. The Big Ten is just completely bizarre this year.
    Since I'm so rarely accurate in my predictions, I like to point out the relatively few instances when I turn out correct.

When Painter was courted by Mizzou, and eventually turned it down, I thought he and Purdue were both going to regret it.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Creek was "Creened" he didn't leave unexpectedly. Creen did not recruit any shooters, this is an NIT team at best
    I'm happy that Creek is doing well at GW, but it certainly sounds like, much like Matt Roth, he was "Creaned"; both were/are losses to their respective teams, as you can never have too many shooters. To that end, Etherington and Hartman were/are reputed to be shooters, but rarely look for their shot.

Shooters arrive next year, but the Million dollar question -- admittedly, way too early to speculate -- is whether or not Vonleh returns.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Spring Creaning.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

17. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (02-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I'm happy that Creek is doing well at GW, but it certainly sounds like, much like Matt Roth, he was "Creaned"; both were/are losses to their respective teams, as you can never have too many shooters. To that end, Etherington and Hartman were/are reputed to be shooters, but rarely look for their shot.

Shooters arrive next year, but the Million dollar question -- admittedly, way too early to speculate -- is whether or not Vonleh returns.
    Does it matter is Vonleh comes back? With or without him they are still not Big "10" or National title contenders.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

I disagree strongly that they're not B1G contenders with Vonleh next year. I wouldn't say they're likely to be favored, but that will be a good deep team next year if Noah comes back.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-03-2014),Razor Shines (02-02-2014),Revering4Blue (02-02-2014)

Turn Off Ads?