Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Is it time to fire Doc Hollywood?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 22.03%
  • No

45 76.27%
  • Give him more time to hang himself!

1 1.69%
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it time for a new team doctor?

Re: Is it time?

Atlanta must have some of the worst doctors in America working for them by your third grade logic.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Likes:

919191 (04-14-2014),Always Red (04-14-2014),Big Klu (04-13-2014),Larkin Fan (04-13-2014),Tom Servo (04-13-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie View Post
    Did you ever play Major League Baseball?

Did you ever manage in the Majors?

If not, then you are probably not qualified to ever have an opinion on anything to do with Major League Baseball, correct?
    Give me a break, the overall point is that without studying medicine, why are you qualified to judge him.
    I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum has played baseball, watched baseball, read about baseball, and studied baseball to some extent. Some people have more background than others and maybe their opinion carries more weight, but there's zero similarity between talking sports and talking medical science.
    You do a disservice to this forum with that type of ignorant attempt at discourse.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

5. Likes:

Big Klu (04-13-2014),Larkin Fan (04-13-2014),RedsfaninMT (04-13-2014)

You're making it sound more complicated than it is, IMO. Not being a doctor, this particular conversation. We have evidence of things like Kremchek giving Ryan Madson a clean bill of health, right before Madson has to miss the entire season. Later Madson is quoted as saying it was an injury he had been playing through since the previous season. That's one of many examples of Kremchek -- in the opinion of some Reds' fans -- falling short of his duties.
    Yes, "I" am making it "sound" more complicated, this medical stuff is as easy as 1 - 2 - 3, it shouldn't be that hard if explained in simple terms, like he has a boo boo and is "sore" right there. See how simple it sounds now?

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Stop making sense.
    all time best concert film (imho)
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

8. Likes:

OGB (04-14-2014)

Anyone want to provide an example if a franchise that handles injuries the right way?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No I haven't

I work as a data analyst in the health care industry
    Understated TIC post of the year. Your delivery was epic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Anyone want to provide an example if a franchise that handles injuries the right way?
    Clearly the Cardinals, duh.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

11. Likes:

Hoosier Red (04-14-2014)

A player that didn't age well. Not the best example (if in fact true).
    Why are you being so obtuse in this thread?

Try out David (Stormy) Weathers; Ryan Dempster; Grant Balfour and a whole bunch of position players. You keep trying to make the point he isn't a good Doctor. So players on other teams trust him because???

I am willing to bet I have been to far more Doctors than most on this board - not a choice, a necessity. I check out Doctors from as many sources as possible before I let them poke/prod/cut me, and it is naive to the extreme to think Professional athletes would do otherwise.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Replace if you are tired of making the playoffs. How often did we make it before he came here?

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Why are you being so obtuse in this thread?

Try out David (Stormy) Weathers; Ryan Dempster; Grant Balfour and a whole bunch of position players. You keep trying to make the point he isn't a good Doctor. So players on other teams trust him because???

I am willing to bet I have been to far more Doctors than most on this board - not a choice, a necessity. I check out Doctors from as many sources as possible before I let them poke/prod/cut me, and it is naive to the extreme to think Professional athletes would do otherwise.
    It is curious that professional sports teams, who deal with millions of dollars in contracts, would opt for inept doctors so they can let them advertise for a fee. It's a shame they don't just hire the good doctors available. MLB trainers and surgeons are really just a yellow pages for quacks. /s
    Award Winning Baseball Player

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

We're not giving instructions on how to best perform brain surgery. We're discussing whether Tim Kremchek has done a good job in our opinion as the Reds' medical director over the last decade plus. I think the team could do much better.
    Well, it seems that it is all of Redszone versus two posters, so let's say the consensus wins this one and Redszone thinks he has done a fine job and close the thread. Sound good?

I want to jump in for the other side here. Is Tim Kremchek a poor physician? Probably not. Is it fun to pretend he is this guy?:
    Name:  QpHSM.png
Views: 180
Size:  154.4 KB

Absolutely.

17. Likes:

OGB (04-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    Saw it live in San Francisco

19. Likes:

Always Red (04-13-2014),OGB (04-14-2014)

Honest question: do teams get second opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Well, it seems that it is all of Redszone versus two posters, so let's say the consensus wins this one and Redszone thinks he has done a fine job and close the thread. Sound good?
    And sprinkle liberally with egg shells.

Re: Is it time for a new team doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    It's fantastic, but I just rewatched The Last Waltz and I just can't see how anything can top it.

Oh yeah, and the whole kremchek should be fired topic is bonkers.

23. Likes:

OGB (04-14-2014)

Turn Off Ads?