Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

Re: 6/13/2013 Redlegs v. Cub paws

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    File this one under "games that should have been won" There have been several of those lately and the name Sam LeCure figures prominently in most.
    The other common denominators being, Dusty once again not having anyone warming up in the bullpen, and the Reds schizophrenic offense. This pattern has repeated itself too many times already.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Very hard to win four straight on the road. This loss is not the end of the world.

Reds obviously need to improve the bullpen. Blaming Dusty Baker for this is just not fair.

You can't manage every inning like the seventh game of the world series.
    All true. I guess the first think is to figure out what's wrong with Sam and put him on the DL if necessary. No sense to keep letting him blow games. Once Cueto comes back, I'm willing to sacrifice some of the future in order to win now. Thus I would put Cingrani in the pen. Don't know what to do with Broxton.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The other common denominators being, Dusty once again not having anyone warming up in the bullpen, and the Reds schizophrenic offense. This pattern has repeated itself too many times already.
    Sorry but I have as much patience with "not having anyone warming up in the bullpen" as I do with complaints about Brooke Jacoby. Who should that "someone " be? Hoover ? Broxton? Over the years I've consistently heard that warming someone up take something out of them, and managers do it sparingly. For example Torre always said he wouldn't warm Rivera up unless he was going to use him.

I can blame Baker/Price for not bringing Champman in to face the lefty in the game Broxton blew in Pitt. Other than that the foul ups over the last few weeks are all on the players, in my opinion.

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-13-2013),westofyou (06-13-2013),_Sir_Charles_ (06-13-2013)

Did you ever find an example of how I "attack" or "go after" people? You said that I did that. I also think you said I did that in every game thread.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    IMO, game threads are a place for some level of emotion. I view it separate from the main board which is more 162-game and beyond focused.

Suffering through this one for five hours was almost as bad as working.
    Try suffering through this one for five hours WHILE working (final 5 hours of a 14 hour shift). A whole new level of pain. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Try suffering through this one for five hours WHILE working (final 5 hours of a 14 hour shift). A whole new level of pain. :O)
    Well my gambling buddies always say that a bad day at the track is better than a good day anywhere else. Not sure thats true of a bad day watching the boys blow one to the Cubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Very hard to win four straight on the road. This loss is not the end of the world.

Reds obviously need to improve the bullpen. Blaming Dusty Baker for this is just not fair.

You can't manage every inning like the seventh game of the world series.
    No you can't... but evidently you can post on a chat board like it is and not only that it's the 7th game against a team of Hitlers and you're on a plane that is full of^&&%$()*^%$$# Snakes that is carrying the lost Beatles triple album and the piece of paper that has the Colonels 11 herbs and spices sources on it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    No you can't... but evidently you can post on a chat board like it is and not only that it's the 7th game against a team of Hitlers and you're on a plane that is full of^&&%$()*^%$$# Snakes that is carrying the lost Beatles triple album and the piece of paper that has the Colonels 11 herbs and spices sources on it!!!
    Wait...there's a lost triple album by the Beatles?? How many songs did they let Ringo sing?

the only acceptable answer is "not enough"

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Wait...there's a lost triple album by the Beatles?? How many songs did they let Ringo sing?

the only acceptable answer is "not enough"
    My favorite is his cover of "Honey Don't".

12. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-13-2013)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

So, what the heck is Dusty suppose to do, have a guy up in the pen in the 1st inning...you know...just in case!!! Mind blowing

His solo album (I think it's just called "Ringo") is pretty good, too.

Yankees are in the 18th inning against the A's and they lost the last two days, Rivera is their only pitcher who has not pitched in that series (save 2 starters)

Don't Pass Me By get's my vote.

When you can offer lyrics such as.. "you were in a car crash, and you lost your hair. Said that you would be late, 'bout an hour or two..."

We can share the women, we can share the wine.

I like "Act Naurally".

I'll say this as nicely as I can, but if watching the Reds bugs the crap out of you so bad, take a game or 2 off. The weather is nice. Take a walk, get drunk, go get an ice cream cone or something.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

18. Likes:

westofyou (06-13-2013)

I like Goodnight

Turn Off Ads?