Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 83 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Re: Official Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Unfortunately for Walt, he has tough decisions to make. Your point about Hanigan and chemistry is good, but what if he comes back and still doesn't hit?

Walt has to consider the condition of the injured guys; the demands made by trade partners; the impact of player move on team defense and chemistry; plus financial considerations. Tough job right now.

One thing we share around here is that we wish him good luck.
    Yeah, I definitely agree that Hanigan hasn't been getting the job done and would understand if Walt decides to make a move. I just really thought the C position would be a strength this year and it has been anything but. Seems we kind of took for granted those two-ish years of Hanny / Razor where they could do no wrong, at least on offense. Good catcher tandems don't grow on trees!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Robinson is 25, cheap has speed, defense and has gotten on base this year at an OK rate. Partch throws in the upper 90s..
    I agree. Partch is a good prospect and decent trade bait. I'd rather have Partch than the two guys we traded for Broxton last year.

Robinson could fill a hole for the Mets for the end of the year.

Seems like a reasonable trade, but I guess I think more of Partch than some one this board.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...els-k-rod.html

"FOX Sports' Jon Morosi tweets. (Note that Morosi isn't predicting the Angels will sell, only saying that they should.)"

Article suggests the Angels might try to sell Aybar and Downs. Their contracts are a little pricely, but they both address needs. Aybar is under control for 3 more years and is a decent leadoff hitter so we could put him near the top of the lineup. Downs is a rental, but he is a lefty and his numbers are pretty good too.

I say if we can, try to pry Trumbo from them too. His average is not very good, but he hits for RH power which is something this team is definitely lacking. ESPN lists him as a 1B, but I am pretty sure he has played LF before too.

I am not sure what they need so does anybody have any trade scenarios? With and without Trumbo?
    2015 Attendance 2-1 (4/6, 4/7,4/24)
    2014 Attendance 1-3 (3/31, 4/12, 8/14)
    2013 Attendance: 6-0 (4/3, 4/16, 4/17, 8/3, 8/21, 9/7)

Quote Originally Posted by BungleBengals View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...els-k-rod.html

"FOX Sports' Jon Morosi tweets. (Note that Morosi isn't predicting the Angels will sell, only saying that they should.)"

Article suggests the Angels might try to sell Aybar and Downs. Their contracts are a little pricely, but they both address needs. Aybar is under control for 3 more years and is a decent leadoff hitter so we could put him near the top of the lineup. Downs is a rental, but he is a lefty and his numbers are pretty good too.

I say if we can, try to pry Trumbo from them too. His average is not very good, but he hits for RH power which is something this team is definitely lacking. ESPN lists him as a 1B, but I am pretty sure he has played LF before too.

I am not sure what they need so does anybody have any trade scenarios? With and without Trumbo?
    Well, if you ask for Trumbo, they'll probably counter with Mat Latos. A kid or two for Downs makes a ton of sense to me. Probably would take too much to get Aybar.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Well, if you ask for Trumbo, they'll probably counter with Mat Latos. A kid or two for Downs makes a ton of sense to me. Probably would take too much to get Aybar.
    If you are talking with the Angels, I'd ask about Bourjos. Good center fielder, decent to above avg hitter, fast....your 2014 replacement for Choo. Hamilton won't be ready.

7. Likes:

coachpipe (07-23-2013)

Can Trumbo even play the OF? Because there is no opening at first on this team.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by 40YrRedsFan View Post
    If you are talking with the Angels, I'd ask about Bourjos. Good center fielder, decent to above avg hitter, fast....your 2014 replacement for Choo. Hamilton won't be ready.
    Sure, but why would they trade him? They'd probably move him for one of the starters, but I woudn't deal a starting pitcher for him. Downs is a Free Agent and if they decide to play for next year, it makes sense to deal him. Bourjos is a gold glove CF with an .849 OPS. The Angels could move him to make way for Kole Calhoun (with Trout moving to CF) but they'd want a lot for Bourjos. Again, I'm guessing Latos would be the first name off their lips.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Can Trumbo even play the OF? Because there is no opening at first on this team.
    He played LF in the opening series at GABP.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

The Yankees and Cubs are nearing a deal that would send Alfonso Soriano to the New York, according to George A. King III of the New York Post. Soriano is owed roughly $24.9MM over the remainder of his contract (roughly $6.9MM in 2013 and $18MM in 2014), and King reports that the Cubs would pick up the majority of the remaining tab in exchange for a mid-level prospect.
    No reason the Reds can't do a deal like this.

A guy like Sal Romano for Alfonso Soriano and the Cubs pay his salary? C'mon Walt.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post

A guy like Sal Romano for Alfonso Soriano and the Cubs pay his salary? C'mon Walt.
    I'm sure he can, but would he want to?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

13. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-23-2013)

During the game last night, the Giants announcers said Walt told them he didn't plan on making any trades becasue "the guys (we're) getting back are better than anyone (we) could trade for."

Not sure how much I believe that, but that's what they said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Soriano is 37, not a strong defender, and has a .756 OPS. With Ludwick going on rehab this week, I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

.256/.286/.471
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Sure, but why would they trade him? They'd probably move him for one of the starters, but I woudn't deal a starting pitcher for him. Downs is a Free Agent and if they decide to play for next year, it makes sense to deal him. Bourjos is a gold glove CF with an .849 OPS. The Angels could move him to make way for Kole Calhoun (with Trout moving to CF) but they'd want a lot for Bourjos. Again, I'm guessing Latos would be the first name off their lips.
    Bourjos is riding a .404 BABIP in limited action to drive that OPS. No way I even discuss a top starter for him.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    During the game last night, the Giants announcers said Walt told them he didn't plan on making any trades becasue "the guys (we're) getting back are better than anyone (we) could trade for."

Not sure how much I believe that, but that's what they said.

Same as every other year.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?