Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

Re: ESPN Report - Carson wants to be traded

Mike Brown usually does not respond well to threats and/or ultimatums.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I guess he has had enough of Marvin and Bob?
    From 2008:

Asked if he thought the same coaching staff could turn it from being stale, Palmer said, “I don’t think so,” but he also said he doesn’t know if Lewis will make those changes.

“We need a lot of changes,” said Palmer, who did respond to a question about discipline, a subject he has often discussed.

“When you look at the most successful teams in this league, they’re very disciplined,” Palmer said. “And we’re obviously not one of the most successful teams. I don’t think we’re the most disciplined team and that’s definitely an area we need to improve on.”
    If I remember correctly the only changes we saw was on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Mike Brown usually does not respond well to threats and/or ultimatums.
    Nor to sound football moves.

I'm a Carson supporter, but I wouldn't mind restarting at this point.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'm a Carson supporter, but I wouldn't mind restarting at this point.
    Brown's record of restarting with QB's isn't so good. What worries me, if he is traded or retires, who is going to replace him?

With all the pieces on the way out, if no talented replacements come in, this team is going back to the 1990's, and in a hurry.

I was wrong about the Marvin Lewis resigning. I figured that meant for sure the Bengals would have a new OC. Mike Brown is a cancer on the city of Cincinnati, and I don't blame Carson Palmer at all. I hope he goes and wins a Super Bowl somewhere else, just like Corey Dillon did.

I always hear that Mike Brown is loyal. He's not loyal, he's spineless. Firing Bob Bratkowski would be awkward because Bob's wife is BFF with Mike's, and so he can turn in an offense ranked in the 20s year after year, despite it being loaded with talent. I was actually feeling sort of optimistic about this team a few weeks ago, and then nothing happened with Brat and now this. I'd already decided no Sunday Ticket for me this year, and I'm only getting more and more apathetic.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    If some team offers a really good deal, then make the trade, but I wouldn't be shopping him around. I question his value to other teams, especially with this report going public, but if Mikey Boy gets an offer above and beyond what he thinks Carson is worth, then maybe do it, but it would have to be a very good deal. Carson is QB, not GM; he wanted TO and got it, and look what happened.
    There can be no player trades during or before the draft is there is no CBA. They can't grant Carson's wish even if they wanted to

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    From 2008:

If I remember correctly the only changes we saw was on defense.
    That does make it sound like he's fed up with the offense and I agree with him that discipline is a primary problem. I'm wondering if he had visions of Norm Chow taking over for Bratkowski. It just so happens that this comes out less than a day after Norm Chow is announced as Utah's new OC

Good for Carson! I have doubts that he really wants to be traded but someone needs to give Mikey a 'trout slap' and get his attention a la 'Mike, you're a crappy owner, have no business playing GM like this were a board game and I'm tired of getting beat and beat up every game. This ain't fantasy football and you suck at that too!'

I'm with Reds Reporter---I think Carson thought that there would at least be a change at Offensive Coordinator and maybe even Head Coach. Since Mikey can't 'man up' and make the needed changes then I don't blame Carson for being P.O.'d for donating his career and his body for a jack wagon like that.

Rem

Good for Carson.

Season ticket holders should follow his lead.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Why does he want out?
    BratSUCKski.

I love it too. Good for Carson. I'm not saying he's deserving of anything. I just think it's great that more national light will be shed on Mike Brown. He has to hate any exposure which makes this great. I hope other players pile on Mike Brown too.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I love it too. Good for Carson. I'm not saying he's deserving of anything. I just think it's great that more national light will be shed on Mike Brown. He has to hate any exposure which makes this great. I hope other players pile on Mike Brown too.
    I agree with you if Carson spells out his demands. But if he turns back into a wimp and says something like "he wants to go to a winner" or "go to a west coast team" then that gets us nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Newport Red View Post
    So you want an overpaid, under performing, disgruntled Palmer as yor QB.

Maybe he watched the press conference too.
    No, but I don't think he's got much trade value.

The more I think about it, the more I'm mixed about the whole thing.

I like the statement it makes about sticking it to Mike Brown. It says a lot that a guy would hang his career up entirely before he'd come back and play another year for Mikey. At the same time, Carson hasn't exactly been great these past 3 years. In fact, he's stunk quite a bit. So when he goes spouting off and wanting to jump ship, it doesn't sit too well because he's been a pretty big part of the problem in my opinion.

With that being said, I'd let him retire. I don't want him back as QB but I hate granting wishes to players who want to jump ship. Let him sit at home and forfeit the rest of his contract. When it comes down to it, it just really, really sucks to be a Bengals fan right now. The whole franchise is just a mess and it's hard to be very optimistic about that ever changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Maybe Carson probably was finally able to do some of the things the rest of us haven't been able to do, which is walk away from this team. I imagine fatherhood, a wife and being from the West Coast is influencing this choice the most, you couple that with the ineptness of this franchise after a 4-12 record and it is the perfect storm.

If he can walk away from all that money I will hold no grudge against the man as Mike Brown will not trade him.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?