Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Re: Scoreboard Watching 2013 (Part 2)

I noter that Pete Kozma's OPS has fallen, as expected, below .600.

I seem to remeber that during the pre-season, a Cards fan claimed "We don't need Kozma to hit much, I'd take just a .750 OPS from him".

IIRC, he had 19 K's and 2 walks in June.

2. Likes:

OGB (07-03-2013),Tom Servo (07-01-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    I noter that Pete Kozma's OPS has fallen, as expected, below .600.

I seem to remeber that during the pre-season, a Cards fan claimed "We don't need Kozma to hit much, I'd take just a .750 OPS from him".

IIRC, he had 19 K's and 2 walks in June.

A local media guy, Bernie Miklasz did some research on the SS position in the NL and it's almost historically bad. I forgot what the average batting average and power numbers of SS's in the NL but it was something around .240 with a low OPS. If Kozma can give the Cardinals .260 BA, .750 OPS with adequate defense, I'll be happy.
    I have to disagree with you about Kozma vs. Cozart. Though Cozart is a bit better defensively than Kozma, I think Kozma's offense is way better than Cozart's right now. To me, it's a wash. Fangraphs essentially shows that.
    As for Cozart vs. Kozma, Cozart might have slightly more pop (slightly is the key word) but Kozma is the better hitter at this point. You're right that he is a AAA SS to replace Furcal but A. he's probably putting up the type of numbers Furcal would have put up if he was healthy and B. he's a better hitter right now than Cozart is. I think both are not long term solutions for their club and both clubs will have to address the SS position somewhere in the near future.

EDIT: I looked at the numbers. According to baseball reference, Kozma is putting up a .1 WAR this season and Cozart is putting up a -.3 WAR thus far. Not exactly great production from either. If we're talking about the best of the worst though, Kozma to me at least has the edge.

Oh, what a shame when we lose Cardinal fans here on Redszone...
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

OGB (07-03-2013),PuffyPig (07-01-2013),reds44 (07-01-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (07-04-2013),traderumor (07-01-2013),Wonderful Monds (07-03-2013)

Phillies down the Pirates 3-1.

Reds pick up a game.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Lance Lynn regression continues.

5-0 Angels over Cards in the third.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Lance Lynn regression continues.

5-0 Angels over Cards in the third.
    The predicted regression has hit the Cards very hard the past week or two. Now it's time for it to hit the entire Pirates' staff.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    The predicted regression has hit the Cards very hard the past week or two. Now it's time for it to hit the entire Pirates' staff.
    Cardinal starters not named Adam, have an ERA over 9 over the last 10 days.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

It's unfortunate we had to deal with that brutal West Coast trip right as the Cards were hitting a major bump. They were due for regression, but they'll snap out of it soon enough. Let's hope we can pick up some more wins on them before they turn it around.

Don't look now but Cleveland is leading their division.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I saw this Monday night and almost fell out of my chair as I had not seen the standings in at least a week and didn't realize they were even so close to the Tigers.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Good night for the Reds. They pick up a game on everyone,Pirates,Cards and Nats.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

14. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (07-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Heck, they'd have a six game lead in the NL West. Three divisions lends itself to unworthy "first place" teams. Looks like this year, an inferior division winner is going to get a playoff series while two better teams get a one and done game. Gee, I never saw that one coming with this setup.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Milwaukee shutting down the Gnats for the second night in a row. I feel my team starting to jell. It's a marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    It is coming. (Though they have banked a lot of wins)

Phils put 1 on the board! 1-0.

Buccos win! 6-5. We're still hanging around on you guys! BTW...congrats on Bailey's no-no last night. That's a heck of an accomplishment, regardless of who throws it.

Alex Gordon whiffs on a flyball in KC which allows for a 3 run inside the parker as he injured himself and is still down.

Now walking off the field with help. Perhaps the ego was hurt more than anything.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?