Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Football 2013

part of BBN

Re: UK Football 2013

WMR, this snippet below is the kid who was offered the grey shirt at LSU.

the 2013 former LSU commit Tevin Lawson has decided not to visit UK this weekend.He told a Louisiana newspaper that he would be visiting Louisiana Tech instead.

Looks like now, he wants to stay closer to home.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    part of BBN

This isnt a knock on the players I am about to list. I am just saying that sometimes, rather than the stars by a kid's name, I look at who else the kid is being recruited by.
    A couple of weeks ago, Coach Stoops met with some of the Joker Philips recruits and decided the fit might not be best at UK and they decomitted.
    This is where they ended signing at :

Jalen Battle – Illinois St.
    Ander Bodkin – Jacksonville University
    Jake Boynton – Marshall?
    Darren Dowdell – East Carolina
    Jevontey Smith – Middle Tennessee St
    Deangelo Yancey – Purdue
    David Washington – ???

Some that we got shows who were competing against us:

Ryan Timmons — Cats beat out Ohio State and Florida
    Jason Hatcher — Cats beat out USC and Louisville
    Marcus McWilson — Cats flip him from Nebraska
    Zadarius Smith — Cats beat Texas, Texas A&M and Auburn

We have to have classes like brought in this year to compete with an SEC that seems to get stronger and stronger.

I've always thought UK should hit Ohio harder. Considering the amount of talent that state produces year in and year out, it's nice to finally have a staff with some real connections throughout the state.

I think it's fair to expect some of the returning talent to look significantly better now that they'll be receiving competent coaching.

Stoops has said he expects to sign some 5 star talent in future classes, that would be something else if he could pull it off.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    WMR, this snippet below is the kid who was offered the grey shirt at LSU.

the 2013 former LSU commit Tevin Lawson has decided not to visit UK this weekend.He told a Louisiana newspaper that he would be visiting Louisiana Tech instead.

Looks like now, he wants to stay closer to home.
    Update: Dont count out Stoops !

Rivals.com is reporting four-star defensive tackle Tevin Lawson will visit Lexington this weekend. It was reported yesterday that he canceled his trip and planned to visit Louisiana Tech instead. Kentucky is back in play.

part of BBN

Update: Dont count out Stoops !

Rivals.com is reporting four-star defensive tackle Tevin Lawson will visit Lexington this weekend. It was reported yesterday that he canceled his trip and planned to visit Louisiana Tech instead. Kentucky is back in play.
    On campus today !

part of BBN

One report had at least 10 and maybe 12, 2014 prospects on campus today for "UK Junior Day" that will more than likely be 4 Stars. A couple are under consideration for 5 stars.
    I like how Coach Stoops is keepin' his pedal to the metal !

part of BBN

Wow...now mind you this is only "commiting" but look at this :

Denzel Ware is a 6’3″, 220 lbs. 4-star defensive end from Crestview, Florida who had originally committed to Florida State while Mark Stoops and DJ Eliot were on the staff. Once they left, he dropped his commitment to entertain offers from Alabama, Florida, Georgia Tech, Ohio State, Texas, USC and others. But, his relationship with DJ Eliot was too strong and he decided to pledge to Kentucky, where he will be the highest rated recruit since Micah Johnson in 2006. Ware is rated the 44th best player in the 2014 class and the nation’s 4th best weakside defensive end by 24/7 Sports.

Now I am sure before it comes time for him to "sign" , these other schools will keep after him but as of now, Stoops' second class is off to great start.
    If we can just win a few games for him in the upcoming season...look out !

9. Likes:

jimbo (02-13-2013)

For you hardcore football geeks who want an in depth look at the Air Raid offense we'll be running, here's an amazing article on it's origin, it's growth and how it operates. One of the best football articles I've ever read. Warning: it's very long.

http://smartfootball.com/offense/the...sen-and-beyond

11. Likes:

jmac (02-16-2013),WMR (02-15-2013)

Re: UK Football 2012

While fans of teams like Bama/OSU/Fla/ Texas etc, usually have banner recruiting years, this puts what this season means to UK football fans in perspective.
    These are UK's recruiting ranks since 2002:

UK’s class rankings since 2002

2002: 94
    2003: 63
    2004: 52
    2005: 67
    2006: 36
    2007: 54
    2008: 57
    2009: 41
    2010: 50
    2011: 61
    2012: 62
    2013: 28

One year we had # 36 and one year # 41 and everything else 50 or higher.
    Now mind you, UK went to 4 straight Bowls during those years. The difference is we just couldnt hold our own against SEC teams.
    If we could go 4-0 against Non conference which we did several times and win against a Vandy/Miss State type in SEC, that got us to 6 wins.
    I think classes like this will help us start closing the gap on the rest of these SEC teams.
    Coach Stoops did this coming off a 2 win season. Let's win 6 in 2013 and see what he can do...

BTW...yes I know 6 can would be quite an accomplishment but dont doubt the Stoop's Troops !
    It all depends on who's countin'. Scout.com has UK at 39:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2013

part of BBN

Re: UK Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It all depends on who's countin'. Scout.com has UK at 39:

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=14&yr=2013
    Yes, there are several to go by. They were 35 in the one I listed till Hatcher commited which moved us up in this one.
    If I go by Scout's ranking though, it is still an exceptional job by Stoops in a short period of time.
    Last edited by jmac; 02-18-2013 at 07:27 PM.

part of BBN

Going by Scout's "early" 2014 rankings....we are 15th

http://kentucky.scout.com/a.z?s=48&p=9&c=14&yr=2014

Texas already has SIX four star commitments for 2014?!? Amazing.

Texas is impressive, they underperform in both major sports.

I'm calling the upset over UL right now!!

Air Raid Incoming!!

part of BBN

Bill Greene (Ohio Recruiting Guru) says UK could be getting good 4 star news in the next week or so.

Hopefully one is Ohio's 4-Star 2014 WR Thaddeus Snodgrass, who left Lexington this weekend with the Wildcats as his #1 choice.

Wide Receiver

6’1”, 184 lbs.
    Springfield, OH

Rivals: #198 Overall
    24/7: #144 Overall, #18 Wide Receiver
    Scout: #23 Wide Receiver

Top Schools: Kentucky, South Carolina, Penn State, Ohio State and many more

part of BBN

I think the site was down around this happening so just to update on UK football : The Spring game !

spring game ticket sales are now up to 29,538. Read that number again. Last year’s spring game had a little over 4,000 people in attendance.

Now the ticket sales just started this week...so anyone think that total will continue to grow ?

Turn Off Ads?