Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I think if there's one thing this season has taught us it's that a team reliant on one and dones MUST have good to great point guard play. Even further, Cal's system DEMANDS strong point guard play. Remember when at the beginning of the season on the All Access Cal asked his assistants if they needed to try and get Archie ready to play PG and they all answered emphatically YES. As we all know now, Archie cannot play PG. To put it mildly.
    I wonder if this year's team is gonna affect Cal's recruiting philosophy somewhere down the line when it comes to the PG position.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Oh, I understand fully what you meant. And, as I stated earlier, I wasn't at all implying that you (Assembly Hall) were a Cal coaching critic.

I have to disagree with you about the use of the word "logic" here, though.

See, certain folks loath UK and Cal to the point that they are using an emotional argument that Cal is simply a recruiter that cannot bench coach at all, instead of using logic, which simply doesn't suggest that Cal can't coach.

Using a parallel, there were/are people that loathed Bob Knight the person so much that they refused to acknowledge the fact that, at the top of his game, B.K had few peers as a bench coach. Same with Coach K and Dean Smith, among others.
    I see where you are coming from. And I suppose I should understand it better than most seeing as how I am an IU fan! A lot of the internet chatter concerning UK's and Cal's "failure" this year just has me scratching my head. In my eyes how can it be "failure" when you are coming off a championship and all the pieces that got it are gone?

If UK makes a little run in the tourney this year it will be one of Cal's best coaching performances. And yesterday proved they easily could, I wouldn't want them in my side of the bracket. Not to say he didn't coach well last year but when you have that kind of talent you widen your margin for error by a wide...
    GOB Bluth: You were going to say margin again weren't you?
    I was in trouble like 3 words into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

At this point, Kentucky could be a Sweet 16 participant and no one should be surprised.

They could also bow out in the first round.

Reminds me a bit of last season's UConn team.

part of BBN

Cousins' problems continue on what seems like almost a nightly basis:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/3/1...-mike-dunleavy

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    If UK makes a little run in the tourney this year it will be one of Cal's best coaching performances. And yesterday proved they easily could, I wouldn't want them in my side of the bracket. Not to say he didn't coach well last year but when you have that kind of talent you widen your margin for error by a wide...
    GOB Bluth: You were going to say margin again weren't you?
    I was in trouble like 3 words into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, I concur as an "outsider".

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    At this point, Kentucky could be a Sweet 16 participant and no one should be surprised.

They could also bow out in the first round.

Reminds me a bit of last season's UConn team.
    Ya see this is where I differed quite a bit with the General's philosphy. He always maintained that he knew he had teams that would struggle in the NCAA and would be better served playing in the NIT. However, the University would never decline an NCAA bid. Getting beat in the first round can be a valuable learning tool, even better than the NCAA, if those players on the team return. I know both tournaments are differen than what they were 30 years ago but I feel elite programs should be where they got their elitenest(if thats a word) anything less is deemed as a failure amongst the players and the fans.

I really hope UK gets in........it should be a fun ride.

Amusing thread detailing the latest shot taken by Pitino and the responding pimp slap delivered by Cal in return... Also documents Pitino's complete hypocrisy on the subject of one and done level talent ( He wants them and can't get them or holds them back sufficiently to kill their one and done aspirations once they get on campus. )

Good ole Pitino, still spewing BS after all these years...

http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.a...id=888&style=2

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Cousins' problems continue on what seems like almost a nightly basis:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/3/1...-mike-dunleavy
    Jared Swopshire says, "Shocking."

part of BBN

UK vs Stallings again !

Quote Originally Posted by BoxingRed View Post
    Jared Swopshire says, "Shocking."
    Oh you're talking about another UL player that Pitino recruited to his school and then ran off.
    Last edited by WMR; 03-14-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I wonder if this year's team is gonna affect Cal's recruiting philosophy somewhere down the line when it comes to the PG position.
    Of course not, what a silly question.

His philosophy every year has been to get the best PG with size in the class. He did not feel that that player existed in the 2012 recruiting class which is why he targeted Harrow as a transfer.

Next year Andrew Harrison will be back to the type of PG Cal prefers.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Of course not, what a silly question.

His philosophy every year has been to get the best PG with size in the class. He did not feel that that player existed in the 2012 recruiting class which is why he targeted Harrow as a transfer.

Next year Andrew Harrison will be back to the type of PG Cal prefers.
    What is so silly about it? Geez, it was a viable question. I suppose Cal never even looked at Yogi?

part of BBN

Putting this question the UK thread since it has UK connections. Anyone think Tubby will have a little heat on him as Minnesota may be on outside looking in ?
    Vitale said the other day, the Gophers were one of 2 teams with the chance to use the tourney as redeption to an otherwise dissappointing season. Then they lose first game.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Putting this question the UK thread since it has UK connections. Anyone think Tubby will have a little heat on him as Minnesota may be on outside looking in ?
    Vitale said the other day, the Gophers were one of 2 teams with the chance to use the tourney as redeption to an otherwise dissappointing season. Then they lose first game.
    A little heat? I think the consensus is that he's gone barring a miracle run in the NCAA tourney.

Turn Off Ads?