Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Left Field

Re: Left Field

i cant remember the last time the Reds have had so many decent internal options to chose from. We don't have to feel like the season is over when an injury happens.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I personally like Paul over Heisey. It may just be me, and i find it odd, but to me it seems heisey plays better when he comes off the bench or pinch hits than he does when he gets the start.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    I personally like Paul over Heisey. It may just be me, and i find it odd, but to me it seems heisey plays better when he comes off the bench or pinch hits than he does when he gets the start.
    "I've got Heisey slated to play every game in Pittsburgh. That would mean Robinson would go two weeks without a start," Baker said. "Plus, Lynn can be tough with that breaking ball-fastball [combo]. Plus, Heisey will get the majority of starts in left field. The other guys will need at-bats so they will be sharp we when need them."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...k_cin&c_id=cin

I agree Paul should start against RHP, but Baker is worried about the rookie getting starts. So much for Paul.

And this isn't 2012 when Paul was the lone LH/SH bat on the bench. Start him and you still have Hannahan, Robinson and yes, Izturis to PH against RHP.
    Last edited by malcontent; 04-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.

I would like to see some starts for Paul but heisey and Robinson didnīt look bad either

Quote Originally Posted by KC2135 View Post
    i cant remember the last time the Reds have had so many decent internal options to chose from. We don't have to feel like the season is over when an injury happens.
    I think when you have 3 options, you have no options. None of these guys can produce on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by HDBoy View Post
    With Ludwick's injury, I'd move Choo to left, Heisey to center, and bat Hannigan cleanup or 5th. He's a reliable contact hitter who can go yard, and shouldn't be batting 8th anyway.
    I agree!

I just mentioned this in another thread. By trade deadline time, you should be in the market for someone in left field. I see it as your only hole. That, or you find a better option in center and slide Choo over. Good lawd does Choo look iffy in center.

im starting think (though sam sample six) Robinson is our best bet right now at left. He is just as fast or fast the Chris, he seems to hit the ball hard even on outs, and he defense is outstanding. any thoughs

im starting think (though sam sample six) Robinson is our best bet right now at left. He is just as fast or fast the Chris, he seems to hit the ball hard even on outs, and he defense is outstanding. any thoughs
    is "sam sample six" the weirdest autocorrect ever or is it some sort of inside joke?

Robinson >> Heisey aka popout king any day of the week

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Robinson >> Heisey aka popout king any day of the week
    Heisey is bad, but we have not seen enough of Robinson to really know what he is. I think Uncle Walt is going to give this a couple weeks and if it is too big of a black hole he will look elsewhere (hopefully).

Heisey has looked horrible at the plate this year. He seems to be over swinging and pulling out way more than in the past. This could explain the pop ups. I don't think he's an all star or honestly even want him as a full time reds starter but I don't think he's as bad as an offensive player as he is showing right now and will contribute to this team in some good way before the year is out

It would be hard for him to be worse than he is now. If he is hitting like this a month from now how can the reds justify having him on the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    is "sam sample six" the weirdest autocorrect ever or is it some sort of inside joke?
    just tired typing

Heisey is not an every day or every down player, plain and simple. Provides solid defense and is a great fastball hitter but struggles against sliders and breaking pitches away.

Turn Off Ads?