Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Site Feedback/Questions

Re: Site Feedback/Questions

Feeling like Team Selig and jimbo. Over 1000 post and 300 points and I get the boot.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Feeling like Team Selig and jimbo. Over 1000 post and 300 points and I get the boot.
    Try 15,000 and 800 rep points.
    Last edited by reds44; 05-21-2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    You guys are far from the only ones. I don't see what good it does to complain about it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I am another of those who was demoted (700-some posts, ~360 rep points). Sure I'm disappointed but like EdE, I plan to tear it up in AAA, aka the Sun Deck, and be back up with the Big Club before too long.
    If we still had rep, I'd give you some for the good attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    If we still had rep, I'd give you some for the good attitude.
    Agreed. I know RichRed wasn't on the initial list, but I'll be the first to admit that he's a very good poster and attitudes like this one are the kind that I like to see. That doesn't mean you should be happy about it losing something you previously could access, but it's certainly not the end of the world, either. If ORG access, in its current format is what you want, there's a very viable solution.

I have a short temper when it comes to Reds baseball. Short temper + game threads don't match too well. I was doing better lately of avoiding the game threads but I was a little too late. I'm disappointed but I understand Boss's decision. No hard feelings from me. I love this board too much (I spend hours a day on here) and I would hate to think I am bringing this board down or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I have a short temper when it comes to Reds baseball. Short temper + game threads don't match too well. I was doing better lately of avoiding the game threads but I was a little too late. I'm disappointed but I understand Boss's decision. No hard feelings from me. I love this board too much (I spend hours a day on here) and I would hate to think I am bringing this board down or anything like that.
    Pretty much how I feel OBM. I'm more hurt then anything. To see Boss doesn't think I am in the top 240 posters on the board hurts. I'm not mad, but I take alot of pride in my posts and being a Reds fan. So to see that was definatley dissapointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Past contributions are still archived here. If you're nominated or apply for ORG, those contributions can and will be reviewed by the voting parties.
    They can be hard to find when mixed in with Game Thread minutia

After thinking about it a little more, I'm up for giving it another go, but it will have to wait a bit. This summer is going to be busy for work related reasons.

I sure some might think it is strange that people might have to work at posting, but my personal knowledge of baseball is limited (particularly when compared to many here) and I have to use my curiosity to go find interesting items in order to add to the boards. To learn more about the Reds and baseball is why I visit the RedsZone to begin with, but it helps when you can be part of the discussion rather than just lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Pretty much how I feel OBM. I'm more hurt then anything. To see Boss doesn't think I am in the top 240 posters on the board hurts. I'm not mad, but I take alot of pride in my posts and being a Reds fan. So to see that was definatley dissapointing.
    I certainly had input, but it was not solely my decision - GIK and I had the final call, with input from the moderators. But I'm not here to debate why certain people are in and certain people are not.

OK, one more question. I know I've had a few. Without the rep system and with the separation. What type of policing can we expect in the Sundeck? While the ORG will be free from the trolls (and I think we all know who they are), they're now free to run around and pollute the Sundeck seemingly at will. Will suspension and bans be handed out more freely, or will those of us in the Sundeck just be better off ignoring those that are constant offenders?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Boss and GIK -

I think I have read through all the questions about the changes but if mine has already been asked please excuse it...

I am skeptical of how the changes will affect the board, but I am willing to give it time and see how it works for the long term. I know that you two have the best interests of the board and quality Reds discussion in mind and I certainly appreciate that.

Here's my question: If users before were reluctant to give out negative reputation points, do you believe that users will now be more likely to "vote against" someone coming up to ORG? If not, then I don't see much difference between the reputation and voting systems.

Thanks also for being upfront with all the different questions, complaints, praise, etc..
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Here's my question: If users before were reluctant to give out negative reputation points, do you believe that users will now be more likely to "vote against" someone coming up to ORG? If not, then I don't see much difference between the reputation and voting systems.
    Yes, I do, because it's done anonymously. Additionally, the fact that >= 75% of the total votes must approve a user, that alone makes it more difficult to receive access than the reputation system that, toward the end, allowed several users with high reputation the ability to leave upwards of 30 points for a poster. That's certainly not their fault that they had high reputation scores - it's just a system that needed to be replaced with a better long term alternative.

good work guys...

While, I still think the org could/would/should be able to post in the Sun Deck... I don't know the reason behind why they cannot.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsMan3203 View Post
    good work guys...

While, I still think the org could/would/should be able to post in the Sun Deck... I don't know the reason behind why they cannot.
    The low and decandant may spread back into the ORG and ruin the forum yet again...We strike like ninjas..
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

I think it should be noted that no reading access has been affected, only certain posting privileges. How else can the moderators modify negative behavior if they don't occasionally withdraw or bestow privileges?
    Lets think of the overall good of the board, rather than our own specific situation.

Turn Off Ads?