Turn Off Ads?
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yes it is.
    Hey if this was the national telecast I wouldn't like an announcer being so biased but I understand this was local radio and I loved it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Wait, who's balls are out again?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

5. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (09-25-2013)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Also worth noting that Chris Crocker is back and Dennis Roland is gone.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I was just repeating what's being reported. As for declining a breathalyzer, I have no idea what the law is, because I'm personally not involved in incidents like this once or twice a year like "Pacman" is.
    He could still be on probation and not allowed to be drunk, or have boos...I'm sure they ran him through the system to see if he had any warrants. It might of showed up probation.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    On offense yes. On defense, not in the last 3 years. The football draft isn't the baseball draft. To be 0-9 in defensive players drafted in the top 5 rounds getting meaningful playing time is a shameful record. Before 2011 they were better.
    What is amazing is how many of the players they draft never see the field.

Does Brandon McGee really exist? You would think he was Lemar Parrish the way they keep him around for what? He is always hurt. I think some soccer players in La Liga might be stronger than he is.

Moch always hurt.
    Prater has been hurt all the time.
    They draft Porter....the once a year drafting of a LB and he is hurt already, just like Muck was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    you'll see a good QB next sunday.
    We did, Andy played pretty well! Good luck the rest of the season Muta!
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What is amazing is how many of the players they draft never see the field.

Does Brandon McGee really exist? You would think he was Lemar Parrish the way they keep him around for what? He is always hurt. I think some soccer players in La Liga might be stronger than he is.

Moch always hurt.
    Prater has been hurt all the time.
    They draft Porter....the once a year drafting of a LB and he is hurt already, just like Muck was.
    Moch isn't with the Bengals. He's with the Cardinals.

As to the overall point, I just find it amazing that everyone is so pissed about their drafting record. Teams hit and miss all the time. Teams miss big all the time. IMHO, you should feel fortunate that the Bengals have hit big just as many times (if not more) than they've missed big.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    The improvement I want to see from Dalton are, pocket presence, accuracy, better redzone production and a playoff win. IMO, those areas are the difference between where he is now and where he needs to be in order to take the team to the next level.
    Dalton's accuracy has increased each year. Rookie year, he had a 58% completion percentage. Last year, it was 62.3%. Currently, it's sitting at 67%. How much more improvement on his accuracy do you want?

Also, as to redzone production, Dalton has thrown almost 40 TDs in the redzone and 0 INTs in his career. Best in the NFL. Again I ask, how much more improvement do you want?

This is like 1973 for Ken Anderson type of thing...... that was Kenny's 3rd year and many did not know if he could just be a QB that did not lose games as opposed to winning them. Walsh had not fully developed the WC offense yet....until 1974 when they lost half their RB and had no choice but to pass more than run.

Different era ...of course since teams Ran the ball more than 60-70% of the time....even when they were behind....but you still had to pass the ball at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Moch isn't with the Bengals. He's with the Cardinals.

As to the overall point, I just find it amazing that everyone is so pissed about their drafting record. Teams hit and miss all the time. Teams miss big all the time. IMHO, you should feel fortunate that the Bengals have hit big just as many times (if not more) than they've missed big.
    I know he is with the Cardinals. HE was always hurt here....was my point.

They seem to waste picks on what should be help for depth. The Steelers, which is who they wanted to model themselves after...... they lived for those type of picks to replace the impending FA in the late to mid 90's and into the last decade.

They seem to waste picks on what should be help for depth. The Steelers, which is who they wanted to model themselves after...... they lived for those type of picks to replace the impending FA in the late to mid 90's and into the last decade.
    Your picking out a 3rd round bust and saying that the Steelers never had one of those?

You'll get no argument from me that the Steelers were always the model of draft excellence, but even they had some big misses. From 96-99, they spent a first round pick and three third round picks trying to find an offensive tackle. The Steelers never got any meaningful playing time from any of those picks, and the most productive of the bunch, Jamain Stephens (remember that clown?), saw more playing time with the Bengals than with the Steelers. During that same period, they spent a second round picks on such notables as Jeremy Staat, Will Blackwell, and Scott Shields. Troy Edwards was their first rounder in 99. I'm sure Steelers fans still cringe over some of those picks.

Just like the Bengals today, when they missed, they tended to miss big. At the same time, when they hit, they hit really big.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    You'll get no argument from me that the Steelers were always the model of draft excellence, but even they had some big misses. From 96-99, they spent a first round pick and three third round picks trying to find an offensive tackle. The Steelers never got any meaningful playing time from any of those picks, and the most productive of the bunch, Jamain Stephens (remember that clown?), saw more playing time with the Bengals than with the Steelers. During that same period, they spent a second round picks on such notables as Jeremy Staat, Will Blackwell, and Scott Shields. Troy Edwards was their first rounder in 99. I'm sure Steelers fans still cringe over some of those picks.

Just like the Bengals today, when they missed, they tended to miss big. At the same time, when they hit, they hit really big.
    Every team in the NFL misses on its draft picks. Sometimes the player is a bust other times injuries take a toll on the player. I find it disingenuous when the Bengals are criticized for missing on a 3rd round pick. There was a time when the Bengals were idiots and the Steelers were so smart because the Steelers drafted Limas Sweed and the Bengals passed. Remember last year when the Bengals allowed the Steelers to take DeCastro and how stupid the Bengals were? I wonder if there are any people who would take DeCastro over Zeitler right now.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-26-2013),wolfboy (09-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    We did, Andy played pretty well! Good luck the rest of the season Muta!
    Thanks Buddy. That was a tough one. First the Rose Bowl, now this. That guy Dalton is becoming a nuisance.
    Last edited by Mutaman; 09-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.

18. Likes:

Redsfaithful (09-26-2013)

Cruiser Cam footage from Jones arrest:

http://www.local12.com/news/features...ion-3234.shtml

Kudos to the trooper for staying calm as this situation could have escalated very quickly. Jones is lucky to only be getting a citation.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?