Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Todd Frazier will join the Bats Saturday

Todd Frazier will join the Bats Saturday

I was very limited on what I could hear on radio on Friday but Kelch did say, "In case you missed it, Jeff Frazier will join the Bats tomorrow". He then corrected himself to say that he meant Todd, not his brother Jeff.

The Bats have been playing with a roster of 23 since Stubbs was called up. They appear to be set for their playoff run now. Although Cozart for Eymann or a guy sent down from the Reds might strengthen their chances.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Todd Frazier will join the Bats Saturday

I really hope that we can see Frazier up with the big team soon (is September callups a pipe dream?). Though I'm a bit confused as to where they see him in light of Baker's recent comments about not wanting to play Phillips at SS.

Well I guess they could just slot him at SS, but it makes the whole 2B experiment seem somewhat strange, does it not?

It's about time. I've been waiting to see what he could do at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    I really hope that we can see Frazier up with the big team soon (is September callups a pipe dream?). Though I'm a bit confused as to where they see him in light of Baker's recent comments about not wanting to play Phillips at SS.

Well I guess they could just slot him at SS, but it makes the whole 2B experiment seem somewhat strange, does it not?
    LF would be a realistic possibility...but even then, i don't think they call him up this year. which is fine. but he should absolutely be up here at some point next year.

Quote Originally Posted by GOYA View Post
    I was very limited on what I could hear on radio on Friday but Kelch did say, "In case you missed it, Jeff Frazier will join the Bats tomorrow". He then corrected himself to say that he meant Todd, not his brother Jeff.

The Bats have been playing with a roster of 23 since Stubbs was called up. They appear to be set for their playoff run now. Although Cozart for Eymann or a guy sent down from the Reds might strengthen their chances.
    I would guess Sutton will be sent down when Rolen comes off the DL.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

They waited for him to slump some to promote him

Great news. I will be interested to see where he plays.

Alonso, Francisco, Frazier is the next wave of impact prospects for the Reds. Too bad Yonder got hurt or they would all be in AAA about now.

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post

Best case is he can play SS at the majors for 1 year then hit well enough to move to 3rd when Rolen is on the DL and gone after 2010.

Worst case is they bring him up and play him like hes adam rosales. Or we trade him for Kelly Johnson
    Last edited by GIDP; 08-22-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Senor Votto

Where will he play? Left field?

I'm glad to see Frazier move along; but on the other hand, that Carolina roster is now absolutely decimated. Don't forget that Jocketty mentioned, a month or so ago, that they want to move Cozart up soon. Carolina will have little or no chance to compete in the Southern League. I'm not saying that should be a priority concern. I'm just sayin.

Just attended the last 5 Mudcats games here in Jax. That roster was very weak before, and if they promoted Frazier it's terrible.

I talked to Frazier a little, he didn't sound like a guy that knew he was going to be promoted.

Carolina will have little or no chance to compete in the Southern League. I'm not saying that should be a priority concern. I'm just sayin.
    Mace = the Mark Katz of the Caroline Mudcats.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Mace = the Mark Katz of the Caroline Mudcats.
    The irony is, Dayton now has the second- or third-best roster in the system, after Louisville and possibly the GCL Reds. Sarasota and Billings are almost as bereft as Carolina . . . which brings up another thread that I intend to start when I get the chance: the gosh-awful performance of the farm teams this year. If anybody would like to get the jump on that one, go right ahead.

I'm guessing Frazier will play 2B.

Denove

Bankston
    Frazier
    Valaika
    Cisco

McD
    Heisey
    Dorn

Well it happened. Frazier is on Bats roster and Negron is on Carolina, and Yonder is on Sarasota (and not on DL)

Turn Off Ads?