Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NHL 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    hahaha I feel good for Jackman. He's a very good guy. Another amazing win and I hope they can take that momentum into LA.
    This is not intended to be inflammatory, just an observation. Its funny how we view our own guys. You Blues fans love Jackman and think he's a 'good guy'. We Hawks fans think he's a Jackass. lol.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    This is not intended to be inflammatory, just an observation. Its funny how we view our own guys. You Blues fans love Jackman and think he's a 'good guy'. We Hawks fans think he's a Jackass. lol.
    He's loyal to the organization and puts his body on the line with block shots and such. He's a great guy in the community as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    He's loyal to the organization and puts his body on the line with block shots and such. He's a great guy in the community as well.
    And we all love our players like that. Not disparaging your like for him, I'm sure if he were to be a Hawk someday I'd like him for the same reasons. Sort of like Carcillo. Hated him in Philly a few seasons ago but love his aggressive style in the Indian Head sweater.

I developed a great love for NHL hockey in the 1960s and 1970s watching Bobby Orr and the Big Bad Bruins at the Garden and on UHF channel 38. I love baseball, but hockey is a close second.

Btw, the Bruins beat Toronto tonight by the score of 5-2.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Tough losses for the Blues and Red Wings tonight. Blues practically outplayed the Kings again but lose in OT and are now down 2-3 in that series. It's going to be tough to win two games in a row against them.

Glad to see the Blues were eliminated. Now if we can get rid of the Pens I'll be a happy camper.

O6 matchup. Hawks and Wings for the last time.

I still hate the Redwings.

I hate that they are somewhat like the Cardinals. Doesn't matter that they have less talent, they have that magic horseshoe up their ass and they just manage to still play better.

I hate that they are somewhat like the Cardinals. Doesn't matter that they have less talent, they have that magic horseshoe up their ass and they just manage to still play better.
    Hawks outplayed Wings overall last night. Attempted something like 66 shots to their 40 last night. The phantom goalie interference that took a goal back from us ended up being a backbreaker and shifted momentum. Took what should have been a game up for grabs to being over awfully quick.

Still, I agree, have to give the Wings credit. They have elevated their play the last 2 games. Hawks need to find their top level if they want a strong chance of winning the series.

Freaky Friday for the Wings.

Finesse team for years often would get out grinded every other year in the playoffs and now are doing just that themselves.

Role players are pushing the Wings upwards, coupled with stellar goaltending we are seeing a different Wings team then the past 2 decades (at least the past month or so)

They are playing hard, Howard is hot and Babcock is a really good x's and o's coach

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Hawks outplayed Wings overall last night. Attempted something like 66 shots to their 40 last night. The phantom goalie interference that took a goal back from us ended up being a backbreaker and shifted momentum. Took what should have been a game up for grabs to being over awfully quick.

Still, I agree, have to give the Wings credit. They have elevated their play the last 2 games. Hawks need to find their top level if they want a strong chance of winning the series.
    66 shots? The box score says shots favored Chicago 40-30. Still a little unbalanced, but not 66-40 unbalanced. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong statsheet...?

Also, I wouldn't call it a phantom interference. It's a judgment call for sure, but Shaw was definitely in the crease.

Howard is playing lights out. That's why Detroit is ahead in the series.
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Freaky Friday for the Wings.

Finesse team for years often would get out grinded every other year in the playoffs and now are doing just that themselves.

Role players are pushing the Wings upwards, coupled with stellar goaltending we are seeing a different Wings team then the past 2 decades (at least the past month or so)

They are playing hard, Howard is hot and Babcock is a really good x's and o's coach
    Starting around game 5 of the Anaheim series and excluding the first game in Chicago (tired legs?), I think the defense (beyond the top pairing) have really elevated their game, collectively. Seem much more confident with and around the puck.

I've enjoyed the Nyquist/Brunner/Anderson line. Nice change of pace with young legs and skill to boot. Nyquist in particular looks like a great talent.

And of coarse, as you mentioned, they are skating hard with a hot goalie and great coach. Perfect playoff combo. I'm enjoying the ride while it lasts.

This series with Chicago is about as good as sport gets in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    66 shots? The box score says shots favored Chicago 40-30. Still a little unbalanced, but not 66-40 unbalanced. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong statsheet...?

Also, I wouldn't call it a phantom interference. It's a judgment call for sure, but Shaw was definitely in the crease.

Howard is playing lights out. That's why Detroit is ahead in the series.
    Sorry, was referring to shots attempted (ie. missed shots, blocked shots). It's generally a strong indicator of puck possession which ultimately drives scoring chances over long sample sizes as often goals are a result of bounces and redirections stemming from cycling, possession (ie. not always the nifty passes and breakaways).

Reading the rule, Kerry Fraser summed it up pretty well on his article on TSN. Although a judgement call, what Shaw did was not consistent with the criteria for disallowing a goal. And wasn't particularly close. He positioned himself as players do 90% of the time in front of the goalie. I think Shaw's antics that point to the game allowed the refs to not give him the benefit of the doubt. Normally, I'd prefer that be a reviewable play (it is a tough judgement call to make in a split second), but the rule is the rule, and Hawks lost a goal because of a dumb rule and an unfortunate decision in the moment.

Hawks best get serious tonight.

Turn Off Ads?