Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAA Bats - Have you see...

AAA Bats - Have you see...

The past 3 games by the bats?
    Homer - 1 ER
    Goslig - 0 ER
    Livingston - 0 ER

I know it's just a start, but I don't recall the AAA team having a 3 game dominance like this by the starters in a long long time - if EVER!

I think we are going to need at least one of these guys this year, but if not for this year I can see a sweet starting 5 in 2008.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: AAA Bats - Have you see...

Yeah.... but since the 3rd inning of Baileys start they have scored 1 run in 23 innings....

I'm excited about the pitching though. I think they scored 13 in one game didn't they. The offensive side isn't that great. Votto and then it goes down from there. Pitching wins though.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    I'm excited about the pitching though. I think they scored 13 in one game didn't they. The offensive side isn't that great. Votto and then it goes down from there. Pitching wins though.
    Pitching wins if you can score... And even with a really good pitching staff you still need to score 4 runs a game to win.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Pitching wins if you can score... And even with a really good pitching staff you still need to score 4 runs a game to win.
    True, but it seems to me that you can trade for the right hitting combination, but that you have to develop your starting pitchers in your farm system.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    True, but it seems to me that you can trade for the right hitting combination, but that you have to develop your starting pitchers in your farm system.
    My comment was more directed at the current Bats teams slump and not really an ideology of how to build a team.

Pitching beats the best hitting. Look at the Yankees. How many HOF in that line up and they don't always win. Yes, you have to score a little, but I'd rather have guys that can get people out. It's much easier to pick up hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Pitching beats the best hitting. Look at the Yankees. How many HOF in that line up and they don't always win. Yes, you have to score a little, but I'd rather have guys that can get people out. It's much easier to pick up hitters.
    Well again, I was more referring to the current Bats situation and not really how to build a team. The Bats are currently struggling to get runners on base and to bring them in.

part of BBN

Well again, I was more referring to the current Bats situation and not really how to build a team. The Bats are currently struggling to get runners on base and to bring them in.
    Off topic but thanks for your updates etc.
    I follow the bats when I can which isnt much. I check your threads alot to see how they and the others are doing.Good work

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    I follow the bats when I can which isnt much. I check your threads alot to see how they and the others are doing.Good work
    Hey, where's the love. This was my post not DD - just kidding.

I know what you are saying, but my post is about the great pitching. To tell you the truth I'm not expecting many of the AAA hitters to ever be in a Reds uni. Now, if the AA team struggled then we'd be in trouble, but I was just saying what great dominance AAA has done over 3 games which might be a 1st. Whether we scored or not is irrelivant in my excitement for the pitching and reason for my post.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    Glad you enjoy them. I follow about 75% of the minor league games each year, and I figure others would enjoy to do it as well, but don't have the time I do so I just try to keep everyone updated, and typing it all out helps it stick in my head better and I can remember things better.

Another very good start from Dumatrait tonight, and a good start from Pelland at Chattanooga too. At the moment, we have six lefthanded starters at the top two levels--Livingston, Dumatrait, Gosling, Vazquez, Pelland, even Lockwood. How long before one or more of them passes Milton on the depth chart?

Dumatrait: 7 IP 3 H 2 R 1 ER 6 K 2 W 0.71 ERA

Add this to the ongoing list of great starts

Senor Votto

When is Homer's next start?

Turn Off Ads?