Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fatherhood...

Fatherhood...

In what seems to be a string of never-ending new occurrences in my life, I found out this past week that I have a 2 month old son. I got to see him last night for the first time. I never knew it was possible to love someone you just met so much. I'm excited, and looking forward to the lifelong adventure that is fatherhood. We don't have the most conventional situation, but I'm sure it will work out. My fiancee and my ex seemed to hit it off pretty well. They were like two old friends, which was a bit creepy for me, but also kinda nice. I also really like her new boyfriend, and he's great with my son. We've decided to do everything jointly, a little functioning dysfunctional family with four parents who all love little CJ very much. He's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen, and I could go on and on and on about him, but I'll just stop and post some pictures.

So, since December:

New car, new home, new job, new fiancee, new promotion to department supervisor, new baby.

That's a lot for just under four months time!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fatherhood...

Congrats

Very cute baby. Congrats!

Obviously none of my business.. just curious though, what happened?

EDIT -

Also - I can't wait.... I find out the gender of my baby here in a few weeks. Very excited.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I see the resemblance. The gray fur. The tail. The whiskers. What's that doll she's playing with?
    Stick to your guns.

That's great news! Congratulations.

A question though, how's "the future Mrs. Savafan" taking the news?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Very cute baby. Congrats!

Obviously none of my business.. just curious though, what happened?

EDIT -

Also - I can't wait.... I find out the gender of my baby here in a few weeks. Very excited.
    Well, to make a long story short, there was some infidelity on the part of my ex. When she realized she was pregnant, after we broke up, she thought that someone else was the father.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    That's great news! Congratulations.

A question though, how's "the future Mrs. Savafan" taking the news?
    She's taking it very well. She's an amazing woman, and it's even more obvious now to me just how much she does love me. She's excited about getting the opportunity to be a mom to my son as well, without having to go through the pregnancy part right now.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Well, to make a long story short, there was some infidelity on the part of my ex. When she realized she was pregnant, after we broke up, she thought that someone else was the father.
    Unless you feel it's not important or an issue - you've taken the necessary steps to insure the child is yours?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Senor Votto

Cute kid Savafan. Also I never realized you were such a P.I.M.P.

3 Time CY Young winner

Great lookin' kid you've got there. Congrats and enjoy every second you can. They grow up fast. Oh, and they also poop ALOT.

For a Level Playing Field

Congratulations, sava. Beautiful pictures. Make sure he learns to throw and bat lefthanded. Easier path to the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Unless you feel it's not important or an issue - you've taken the necessary steps to insure the child is yours?
    Yeah, he's mine. I didn't need too much to convince me after seeing how he looks 102% like me as a baby, but yeah, we know that he's mine.

Based on what you said in your previous post, are you going to get a paternity test? If she cheated on you, I know I'd want to know for sure the kid was mine before getting involved/attached.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

In the words of Gary Burbank..

CUTE KID!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Based on what you said in your previous post, are you going to get a paternity test? If she cheated on you, I know I'd want to know for sure the kid was mine before getting involved/attached.
    That's already taken care of.

Turn Off Ads?