Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

You unload Rivers for a 5th, Rey could be suspended for the first 4 games due to conduct. Mike Brown loves local product, Kuelchy in the first?

Usually I have a good idea who the Bengals are leaning towards, this season has been a little unclear.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Bengals seem to have quite a bit of depth. Any chance they use those three 5th rounders to move up at some point?

I could see the Bengals moving around to get the WR or RB they covet in the 2nd. The more picks you have the more you can manuever in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Bengals got the last pick in the 5th round for Rivers.
    So they got nothing for a first round pick. Nice work.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    He never played like a first round pick. I'm more impressed they actually got anything for him. The Bengals have actually acquired several players like Rivers (i.e. former first round picks) without giving up anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Once Ryans was traded to the Eagles for a 4th the market was set for Rivers. I would have loved them to get a 3rd or 4th for him but he never was healthy while with the team which lowered his value greatly.

Whether the trade works out or not, it shows a shift in strategy from Mike Brown that I never would have accepted.

A draft pick who failed to live up to draft status was generally not traded for lower value than the original draft, even if it made little sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Would love to see the Bengals use the extra 5th round picks to trade up from 21 into the mid teens in order to get Barron or Floyd once the other one of them is drafted by another team.

Then take DeCastro or Glenn at 17, and a RB or LB in the 2nd round.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    You unload Rivers for a 5th, Rey could be suspended for the first 4 games due to conduct. Mike Brown loves local product, Kuelchy in the first?

Usually I have a good idea who the Bengals are leaning towards, this season has been a little unclear.
    the Bengals might be a better team if Rey were suspended for 16 games.

If Kuelchy drops sure but I don' think he will. I keep seeing DL & either CB or WR in the 1st, probably in that order. I doubt strongly that they will go any other route unless of course Kuelchy or Barron drop to them. Just my gut instinct at this point. But I am hoping Barron gets to us and then most everything else will be gravy.

On second thought one other guy who might make sense for them in the 1st though considered perhaps a smidge of a reach by most is Dont'a Hightower.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Barron and Glenn in for visits today.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

I could see the Bengals moving around to get the WR or RB they covet in the 2nd. The more picks you have the more you can manuever in the draft.
    This is the Bengals we're talking about. Mike Brown has never been a wheeler dealer or one to manuever much on draft day. Until that changes I'm expecting very little "manuevering"

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Would love to see the Bengals use the extra 5th round picks to trade up from 21 into the mid teens in order to get Barron or Floyd once the other one of them is drafted by another team.

Then take DeCastro or Glenn at 17, and a RB or LB in the 2nd round.
    5th rd picks won't move you up in the 1st rd. I'd be mighty ticked if the Bengals traded out of their #17 pick for any combination of 5th rd picks

Sea Ray, Mike Brown may not historically be a wheeler and a dealer, but in the last year +, they've moved Carson, Chad & Rivers for draft picks, something they rarely did prior. Times they may be a changing.

Using: http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

The Bengals could package their own 5th round pick, along w/ one of the extra 5th round picks to:
    Move from 17 to 16
    Move from 21 to 20

Which in reality, if they move up 1 spot in either of those cases, its because they're targeting a specific player and the team in front of them is seeing other offers, which means the Bengals would likely have to move more than 2 5th round picks.

They could also:
    Move from 58 to 48 (This happens to be the Patriots, a team that usually seems happy to get more picks)

Package their 3rd round pick w/ 2 from the 5th to move up to the bottom of the 2nd/top of the 3rd round.

Package 2 from the 5th to move up near the top of the 4th round. (Is the draft set up the same as last year, round 1 day 1, rounds 2 & 3 day 2, rounds 4-7 on day 3? If so, this could be a move to move up to the top of the 4th to grab a player that didn't go in the first 2 days after all teams have a night to think things over)

Finally, they could package all 3 5th round picks for 1 mid 4th round pick.

Moving up in the 1st round, soley by adding 2 (or even 3) 5th round picks w/ one of their #1 picks has a very low % of happening, no matter what Mike Brown's track record says.

However, using the 5th round picks to move up 5-6 slots in round 2, or to the top of round 3 or 4 could be worthwhile and a better use of those picks than waiting to see who's available.

Now here is something to ponder, using that same chart, lets say the Bengals really wanted to move up and grab Andrew Luck or RGIII. Lets assume this could happen at 2 (where RGIII is 99% going to go), if the Bengals packaged Dalton & the #17 pick, that would assume Dalton is worthy of the #5 pick in this seasons draft. Now obviously this isn't going to happen, but what are the odds if you took what Dalton is considered to be at this point and put him into this draft would he last past the 5th pick????

Medford, you make my point that the extra 5th rd picks have very, very little value in trades. Using two to move up one spot in the first is not like moving from "21 to the mid teens". I can't see ten rookies making the team so I'd like to see some wheeling and dealing on draft day but I'm not getting my hopes up. Expect very little movement on the part of the Bengals and look for quite a few of our picks to end up on waivers or practice squads...

Turn Off Ads?