Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: 5/1/2013 Reds at Cardinals Lutz First Start

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: 5/1/2013 Reds at Cardinals Lutz First Start

Calling it now....Lutz is going deep in 9th.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

He hasn't had many tough chances, but thus far Lutz looks comfortable out in left. So there is that.

And for those looking for silver linings thus far...Jay Bruce is 2 for 3. Lots of things need to turn around for the hitters, but none so much as Jay. Getting him on track will go a LONG way towards fixing things.

Logan 1-2-3. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The two best starting staffs have been dealing and the bats on both teams are scuffling. I think "fire Dusty and the hitting coach" should extend to "fire Matheny and the hitting coach," right?
    Why brook jacoby is untouchable to some is beyond me. I don't care how many 15-0 outbursts from this "offense" skew the numbers, the fact remains that this team doesn't really hit when it has to. And that's not a problem confined to the last two series. They haven't hit all month, they strike out far too much, they don't hit with RISP, they have black holes at multiple positions (including LF, SS, C and a lot of time RF), the bench is comically inept, the cupboard is bare in louisville ... Honestly. Put down the kool aid. There are no series with the Astros any time soon to get healthy on.
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 05-01-2013 at 04:16 PM.

5. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (05-01-2013),Kc61 (05-01-2013),malcontent (05-01-2013),texasdave (05-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Calling it now....Lutz is going deep in 9th.
    no.. therefore someone has to reach base...

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Why brook jacoby is untouchable to some is beyond me. I don't care how many 15-0 outbursts from this "offense" skew the numbers, the fact remains that this team doesn't really hit when it has to. And that's not a problem confined to the last two series. They haven't hit all month, they strike out far too much, they don't hit with RISP, they have black holes at multiple positions (including LF, SS, C and a lot of time RF) ... Honestly. Put down the kool aid. There are no series with the Astros any time soon to get healthy on.
    It's a valid point. The bigger problem is these guys are pretty much set in their hitting patterns by the time they get here. They are not developing any hitters in the minors.
    Yes that was a very impressive infield single. I thought for a second it was leaving the yard. - texasdave 10/13/12

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Why brook jacoby is untouchable to some is beyond me. I don't care how many 15-0 outbursts from this "offense" skew the numbers, the fact remains that this team doesn't really hit when it has to. And that's not a problem confined to the last two series. They haven't hit all month, they strike out far too much, they don't hit with RISP, they have black holes at multiple positions (including LF, SS, C and a lot of time RF) ... Honestly. Put down the kool aid. There are no series with the Astros any time soon to get healthy on.
    I don't think he's "untouchable"....but I also don't think he's really the problem. At the end of the day it's up to the HITTERS to get the job done. Right now we're facing one of the toughest stretches of pitchers you'll ever see. 7 straight games against guys like this? Unreal. The worst guy we faced might've been either Dan Haren or Jamie Garcia. That's kinda nuts.

Bye-bye! Dinger for Datdude! 4-2

dat dude!

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

It's as if Brandon Phillips is the only guy playing.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Boy, most of the offense hasn't hit, but BP is all kinds of excluded from any criticism. What a year so far for Phillips.
    No one expects the butterfly

Brandon leaves the yard. 4-2.

First homer by a Red in four games.

At least DatDude showed up for this series. Everyone else ... not so much.

Bruce got lucky. But a good game from him overall.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I don't think he's "untouchable"....but I also don't think he's really the problem. At the end of the day it's up to the HITTERS to get the job done. Right now we're facing one of the toughest stretches of pitchers you'll ever see. 7 straight games against guys like this? Unreal. The worst guy we faced might've been either Dan Haren or Jamie Garcia. That's kinda nuts.
    How often are we gonna say it's the hitters though? Sooner or later you have to try something different in order to get desired results. Since we're not getting rid of Bruce, Cozart, Heisey, etc., the only thing you can realistically change is the hitting coach. Brook Jacoby just isn't working.

Turn Off Ads?