Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: College Basketball Thread

Re: College Basketball Thread

Florida is doomed with this much consensus, not to mention the unlikelihood that anyone repeats in this day and age.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OLD RIGHTHANDER View Post
    Who's your source for these facts your spewing.
    Where did I use the word fact?
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I'm just glad O'Brien is gone from OSU. I can now get back into following their basketball program.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Barry11 View Post
    Rock chalk!! Yay for Kansas!!

Sorry, I really have nothing constructive to add to this thread... I'm just a big Kansas fan!!
    Oral Roberts beats Kansas 78-71.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

UNC had a mighty struggle with the mighty Winthrop. That is why I consider Florida to have virtually no chance of repeating as many have predicted already. Too much overall balance in college basketball for a team to dominate from year to year...well, except Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Where did I use the word fact?
    I believe it was this statement. While I agree that the word fact is not present in that sentence, that looks like a truth claim to me.
    Oden is not staying another year. He is the definition of one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    UNC had a mighty struggle with the mighty Winthrop. That is why I consider Florida to have virtually no chance of repeating as many have predicted already. Too much overall balance in college basketball for a team to dominate from year to year...well, except Duke.
    Well...certainly Duke is Duke. They're on TV more than Leave It To Beavah...reruns...

I watched the end of that UNC/Winthrop game. Of course, I was pullling for Winthrop. That game was @ UNC, too.
    For every action there is an equal and opposite criticism.

Vermont went into Boston College and gave them a beating the other night as well. The little guys are creeping closer to the big guns more and more every year.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable View Post
    Well...certainly Duke is Duke. They're on TV more than Leave It To Beavah...reruns...

I watched the end of that UNC/Winthrop game. Of course, I was pullling for Winthrop. That game was @ UNC, too.
    The game was played in Charlotte, not Chapel Hill. Not that there are not more UNC fans here in Charlotte, but Winthrop, in Rock Hill, SC is closer to Charlotte than UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Oral Roberts beats Kansas 78-71.
    Meh. Early season games don't matter much. KU was 2-3 last season and went on to win the Big 12.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I believe it was this statement. While I agree that the word fact is not present in that sentence, that looks like a truth claim to me.
    How is that a truth claim? Did I cite anything? Did I quote him?

What I did was take all the prior years of kids leaving high school and going directly to the pros, all the talk from NBA GM's about how he is the surefire #1 pick, and then factored in the enormous about of money the number 1 pick makes and then gave an opinion. Yes, it was based on history, BUT IT WAS AN OPINION.

As clearly evidenced by my saying the "only was he stays is if his wrist injury holds him out longer" clearly stating that I have no knowledge and am only speculating.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

How is that a truth claim? Did I cite anything? Did I quote him?

What I did was take all the prior years of kids leaving high school and going directly to the pros, all the talk from NBA GM's about how he is the surefire #1 pick, and then factored in the enormous about of money the number 1 pick makes and then gave an opinion. Yes, it was based on history, BUT IT WAS AN OPINION.

As clearly evidenced by my saying the "only was he stays is if his wrist injury holds him out longer" clearly stating that I have no knowledge and am only speculating.
    There are words in the English language that allow one to clearly show that they are stating an opinion. Words like probably, seems, likely, suppose are all out there. They work much better than "is" when one is trying to communicate that they are merely stating an opinion rather than providing factual, documentable information. For all a reader knows, you may have had some information that the rest of us are not privy too.

Oden is not staying another year. He is the definition of one and done. Heck, he's already the consensus Number 1 overall pick in the NBA draft, so why stay.

The only way is if this wrist injury keeps him out longer than expected - but still, it won't affect him being drafted number 1, so I think he leaves no matter what

Oh. That's what you think?

So this is your opinion then, Puffy?

That's confusing.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

This thread proves how bad the Kentucky program is going under the Tubby years. No mention whatsoever. If we don't make the final-4 this year it will be the longest stretch since the NCAA became the premier post season tournment. "Drain the Tub."
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    This thread proves how bad the Kentucky program is going under the Tubby years. No mention whatsoever. If we don't make the final-4 this year it will be the longest stretch since the NCAA became the premier post season tournment. "Drain the Tub."
    Losing national relevancy sucks big time.

Turn Off Ads?