Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Basketball 8th Edition

part of BBN

Re: UK Basketball 8th Edition

Did anyone see the clip of UCLA beating Washington on the buzzer beater and the deal with Shabazz Muhammad ? He clearly wanted the ball didnt get it and had no reaction at all when shot by the other guy went thru. Proceeded to walk right past the celebration by fellow UCLA players.
    From the speech Cal made the night SM announced, I think Cal was telling us fans, not everyone is right for UK and SH was an "everyone".
    As much as we gripe about Goodwin and being a ball hog, I can not see him doing something like this.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That was an immature moment but I'd still love to have him on this team and I bet you Cal would too.

Way to embrace those 1 and dones ya thats what college sports should be about.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    So a UCLA guy pouts about not getting the last shot, and it's Calipari's fault?

Sounds like typical NCAA logic...

The one and dones that Kentucky has embraced include may great ambassadors for the university, an overall team GPA of 3.0, a Final Four, and a National Championship.

It's created a sea change in the sport so that coaches like those at Duke and Louisville now readily admit to recruiting one-and-dones as well.

But hey, trolls just be trollin'. They need no logic. Am I right?

So GREATEST LOUISVILLE TEAM EVARRR is 19-5, and terrible Kentucky is 17-6.

Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    So GREATEST LOUISVILLE TEAM EVARRR is 19-5, and terrible Kentucky is 17-6.

Hilarious

You realize Pitino recruits many of those same players, right? They just don't want to play for a coach who can't develop them for the NBA. Who is the last bigtime recruit that improved under Pitino's coaching? I can't think of one.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    That was an immature moment but I'd still love to have him on this team and I bet you Cal would too.
    I posted on here that I thought Shabazz was the missing piece to this years team. The more I see him though, the more I think he is going to likely set UCLA back in the very near future with probation and I am glad we didn't get him.

I can understand losing out to another top 5 program for a recruit (Xavier Henry), or possibly losing a player because of the players personality in not wanting attention (Wiggins). With Muhammad though, you have a coach who needed Shabazz in order to save his job, and Shabazz is wearing a Gucci bag at games. With the situation given, Cal doesn't lose these type of recruits and I wouldn't be surprised if something comes out eventually.

Yeah, because tearing down a NBA ready player and building him back up and killing his draft stock works so well. Imagine if Peyton Siva had played for Cal his freshman year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

You're right. This is what college sports are all about. amiriteguys

11. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (02-11-2013),WMR (02-11-2013)

Poythress is such a mental midget

The Forgettables!! :idea:

part of BBN

While a miserable showing without a doubt, IMO Florida is probably the best team in the NCAA right now and probably will be theirs to lose.
    Plus they were ready for this game after losing 7 of last 8 to UK and it showed .
    While winning this game could have inched my hopes for UK higher, losing doesnt drop my expectations at all.
    With the improvement they have made, I feel they have a ceiling potential of the Sweet 16.
    A big key more than losing tonight will be how they bounce back against Tenn on the road. If they hang their heads from tonight and lose, then that may lower my expectations.
    I still think they are around a # 21 or so team but there's a couple of teams I wouldnt want to play on a neutral court and Florida is one of them.

Who cares about the season honestly, I hope Noel is okay.

Without him, I doubt we make the tournament, and will lose the first game if we did somehow squeak in.

16. Likes:

WVRed (02-12-2013)

Hearing ruptured patella tendon.

Hopefully I'm wrong

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Hearing ruptured patella tendon.

Hopefully I'm wrong
    I heard same thing. That is sad for the kid ! I really didnt think it would be that severe at first. Probably part of that is seeing Goodwin and Harrow fall down so much this year.
    Here's hoping for Noel's recovery but this was probably the last game for him in a UK uni if these reports are right. The kid can have an exceptional NBA career by being a defensive force.

Turn Off Ads?