Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OJ Simpson Found Guilty

Re: OJ Simpson Found Guilty

I don't feel any pity for OJ, I thought he was guilty 13 years ago and got away with murder. It's disgusting. But having said that, I have a real hard time believing OJ Simpson is capable of getting a fair trial with a jury in this country, whther it's assault or whether it's jaywalking. This thread is evidence of just how prejudiced folks are when it comes to him. It's justified prejudice, but I can't believe that it doesn't affect every potential juror. But no one cares because it's OJ and I doubt any judge is going to question that as there's nothing to gain and everything to lose by it. It's an incredibly slippery slope.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I don't feel any pity for OJ, I thought he was guilty 13 years ago and got away with murder. It's disgusting. But having said that, I have a real hard time believing OJ Simpson is capable of getting a fair trial with a jury in this country, whther it's assault or whether it's jaywalking. This thread is evidence of just how prejudiced folks are when it comes to him. It's justified prejudice, but I can't believe that it doesn't affect every potential juror. But no one cares because it's OJ and I doubt any judge is going to question that as there's nothing to gain and everything to lose by it. It's an incredibly slippery slope.

Well, this was a pretty open and shut case to begin with. Audio of OJ storming into the room, not allowing them to leave, using weapons illegally to intimidate, and stealing personal property. Textbook kidnapping and robbery at gunpoint. OJ's camp couldn't even come up with a defense that would even remotely put doubt into the biggest OJ supporter in the world.

But I do agree with your premise. If the case was less clear, you would be 100% correct.

Senor Votto

Does the glove fit this time?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

He gets away with brutally murdering two people and he's stupid enough to put himself into another criminal situation.......he should be locked up for being a moron

This is the perfect example of getting what's coming to you.....his celebrity won't get him out of this one... He's been one cocky piece of crap since the day he got a chuckle 13 years ago....he's nothing more than an irrelevant piece of human excrement.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    He gets away with brutally murdering two people and he's stupid enough to put himself into another criminal situation.......he should be locked up for being a moron

This is the perfect response for MWM's concerns. Knowing that he's going to be dealt with harshly by the police and the legal system, he can't afford to go around threatening folks at gunpoint. The legal system gave him a huge break 13 years ago, now it's coming down hard on him. He wouldn't be in this situation if he'd had better sense. He should have no complaints about his luck overall in the American judicial system.

If this were a basketball game, O.J. just got the bad end of a make-up call.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The legal system gave him a huge break 13 years ago, now it's coming down hard on him.
    So you think what happened 13 years ago SHOULD factor into the judicial process for this incident?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I don't think O.J. has carte blanche to commit a crime and not be convicted of it just because people think he was guilty of the other murders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So you think what happened 13 years ago SHOULD factor into the judicial process for this incident?
    No, not at all.

I'm saying that OJ can't complain about the judicial system being biased against him. Like anything else in life, you win some, you lose some...

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I too think he committed the crime a decade and a half ago, however based on our judicial system the 'right' verdict was reached. I'm a huge supporter of the beyond reasonable doubt. I'd rather a few guilty walk than many innocents go to jail.

Anyway, I too hope he is sentenced based only on this crime and not the specter of the previous one.
    Your right the law says "reasonable doubt" NOT "beyond the shadow of a doubt." Unless you have a video recording of the murder in HD, there will always be doubt, but is it reasonable?

If you threw out all the blood evidence, there were still footprints of the murderer all over the crime scene. Those shoes were size 13 Bruno magli shoes. The prosecutors office produced a credit card receipt that Simpson purchased a pair of size 13 Bruno Magli shoes, that Simpson said he lost while traveling. What would common sense say happened? What is reasonable? How many people can afford or wear these shoes? Who would want her dead, and who had assaulted her in the past? It just so happened he lost them? Again what is reasonable?

Guilty.....behond a reasonable doubt.
    Last edited by George Foster; 10-05-2008 at 11:55 PM.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I think the judge should give him life and tell him the reason is he should have already had it.......that, however, wouldn't fly...

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Your right the law says "reasonable doubt" NOT "beyond the shadow of a doubt." Unless you have a video recording of the murder in HD, there will always be doubt, but is it reasonable?

If you threw out all the blood evidence, there were still footprints of the murderer all over the crime scene. Those shoes were size 13 Bruno magli shoes. The prosecutors office produced a credit card receipt that Simpson purchased a pair of size 13 Bruno Magli shoes, that Simpson said he lost while traveling. What would common sense say happened? What is reasonable? How many people can afford or wear these shoes? Who would want her dead, and who had assaulted her in the past? It just so happened he lost them? Again what is reasonable?

Guilty.....behond a reasonable doubt.
    There is rarely a trial where there's more evidence.

Turn Off Ads?