Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

paul hoynes ‏@hoynsie

GM Chris Antonetti just told Jason Donald that he and Choo have been traded to the Reds. #indians.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident PED Expert

Good for Cleveland. They are taking the right steps in the right direction to rebuild that franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Not sure where the love comes from. Reds just obtained a one year rental of a corner OF who can lead off against RHP only. This leaves more questions to me than before the trade. Who will play CF? Choo? Bruce? Heisey? Ludwick hits RHP as well as LHP. Does he platoon with Choo? Seems to me that Ludwick needs to play against both and bat fourth. I hope there is another trade coming. I don't see how this improves the team.
    The guy had an .815 OPS last year in spite of his splits. Look what Reds' CFs did at the position last season. It's a clear-cut improvement.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

-The Insider-

Reds might be getting LHP Tony Sipp

Not sure where the love comes from. Reds just obtained a one year rental of a corner OF who can lead off against RHP only. This leaves more questions to me than before the trade. Who will play CF? Choo? Bruce? Heisey? Ludwick hits RHP as well as LHP. Does he platoon with Choo? Seems to me that Ludwick needs to play against both and bat fourth. I hope there is another trade coming. I don't see how this improves the team.
    Choo has a career slash line of .289/.381/.465/.847. He had an OBP of .373 last year. He's a fantastic get. There's nothing not to love.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

-The Insider-

Didi Gregorius ‏@DidiG18
    I want to thank the @Reds nd the fans for everything but Now I'm heading to the Dbacks... Same life new team

Huge move by the Reds. Upgrading Stubbs was critical.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Reds maybe getting another player, too.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Wow, that's interesting. Sipp would be a nice arm out of the 'pen. Solid numbers for the Tribe:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7949

Resident PED Expert

Not sure where the love comes from. Reds just obtained a one year rental of a corner OF who can lead off against RHP only.
    Career OPS of .344 against LHP. Never below .338. Has no real power against LHP but still gets on base at a very acceptable clip.

I'll also take in to consideration that compensation pick that comes along with him. So in reality getting another high ceiling player in return even when you lose Choo. As far a the D goes, I expect him or Bruce to be "serviceable"...

Tony Lastoria ‏@TonyIPI
    No confirmation yet, but hearing the Indians may have landed Bauer.
    Really? We have no place for Bauer, but that is quite a haul for Didi.

Groovy if it happens, but source?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Sipp would be a perfect fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

When it comes down to it, the offense part of baseball is a one-on-one game. But I can't help but feel Choo may be the missing piece that makes this an explosive lineup, beyond the metrics.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Didi Gregorius ‏@DidiG18
    I want to thank the @Reds nd the fans for everything but Now I'm heading to the Dbacks... Same life new team
    Classy. Best of luck to Didi too.

Turn Off Ads?