Turn Off Ads?

Thread: It's a great day to be a talk show host

It's a great day to be a talk show host

Alan Cutler has replaced Tim Lewis on the morning show on 1530 HOMER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: It's a great day to be a talk show host

Not that Cutler is much better, but Tim Lewis was horrible. Either way though, it doesn't matter anymore. I can't pick up 1530 at the office. I am glad that they can pick it up in Florida though....

I love how WLW spun it. They said it was too much for Tim Lewis to be the late night news person and the early morning sportstalk host. Well I'm sure he just took the news position because they told him he had to. The reason they're moving him out of the morning is because of his ratings. I wonder if he gets a pay cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I love how WLW spun it. They said it was too much for Tim Lewis to be the late night news person and the early morning sportstalk host. Well I'm sure he just took the news position because they told him he had to. The reason they're moving him out of the morning is because of his ratings. I wonder if he gets a pay cut?

That had to be pretty tough. Not that I was a big fan of Lewis but what'd he have, 3-4 months? Not a lot of time to prove himself.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

980 in Dayton which had been simulcasting 1530 is on their own for now.

No more McAlister or Lewis/Cutler.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    980 in Dayton which had been simulcasting 1530 is on their own for now.

No more McAlister or Lewis/Cutler.
    Does that mean no more Wright St. and UD basketball updates???? Those were horriable. 1530 is going to have trouble maintaining its ratings now with the angry guys on 96.5 and to some extent Furman on 96.5 because they have no obligation to do anything but to increase their ratings.

They would never admit out loud to it but I think WLW would admit deep down that lately they have no idea what they are doing sport anchor wise. Now the angry guys and Furman are all at 96.5 and will probably be beating them in the ratings soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    They would never admit out loud to it but I think WLW would admit deep down that lately they have no idea what they are doing sport anchor wise. Now the angry guys and Furman are all at 96.5 and will probably be beating them in the ratings soon.

The Angrys were canned because of poor ratings. I know the Angrys just started but last I saw, Furman was in the ratings basement or close to it.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

And Lexington breaths a collective sigh of relefe

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The Angrys were canned because of poor ratings. I know the Angrys just started but last I saw, Furman was in the ratings basement or close to it.
    I dont know if that is exactly true. When Furman was fired they moved Gamble to the 6 spot which broke up the angry guys. They offered Gamble the full time job and he declined it and 700 wouldn't allow him to go back with skinner at the morning slot. Skinner was fired because ratings were down. I dont konw if they were exactly poor, just lower. While the angry guys irritate me sometimes they do a good job for the early morning slot. IMO WLW screwed up and will lose ratings to 96.5.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I dont know if that is exactly true. When Furman was fired they moved Gamble to the 6 spot which broke up the angry guys. They offered Gamble the full time job and he declined it and 700 wouldn't allow him to go back with skinner at the morning slot. Skinner was fired because ratings were down. I dont konw if they were exactly poor, just lower. While the angry guys irritate me sometimes they do a good job for the early morning slot. IMO WLW screwed up and will lose ratings to 96.5.

You're right.

I don't know if they actually made a mistake in firing Skinner. If ratings were poor on WCKY, I can't see how they are going to be better on 96.5.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You're right.

I don't know if they actually made a mistake in firing Skinner. If ratings were poor on WCKY, I can't see how they are going to be better on 96.5.
    I think part of the appeal was both Skinner and Gamble together. They worked very well together. I think that is why their ratings will increase on 96.5. Lets be honest while Cutler is ok to listen to after the bengals win, he has too much energy and is too loud to be in the morning.

Turn Off Ads?