Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds fans lack character...

Reds fans lack character...

I just got back from the Yankees series and I noticed that Reds fans have no character or enthusiasm whatsoever. Too many Yankee fans were at the ballpark and I felt they were much more enthusiastic than Reds fans...Reds fans only cheer when the scoreboard tells them to.

And whats up with Reds fans not heckling opposing teams? Are people that PC that they are afraid to hurt someone's feelings? It was downright embarassing to hear a loud "Lets Go Yankees" chant on MNB. Come on Reds fans get rowdy at these games.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds fans lack character...

root 4 yankees then

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    I just got back from the Yankees series and I noticed that Reds fans have no character or enthusiasm whatsoever. Too many Yankee fans were at the ballpark and I felt they were much more enthusiastic than Reds fans...Reds fans only cheer when the scoreboard tells them to.

And whats up with Reds fans not heckling opposing teams? Are people that PC that they are afraid to hurt someone's feelings? It was downright embarassing to hear a loud "Lets Go Yankees" chant on MNB. Come on Reds fans get rowdy at these games.

Were you sitting in left field? people heckle the left fielder all the time, anyway do you know how many Yankee fans are in cincy?

Anyway, we do need enthusiastic fans, faces painted so on, I know I have red on all the time, but if you go to New York, then they cheer for them all the time, heckle opposing and heckle you if you are wearing anything other than pinstripes.
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Lets Party Like it's 1869

The way the team played in the first two games of that series.. what do you expect?

Yea next time you see a fan from another team you should insult them for liking another team and make their park experience less enjoyable because they do not agree with you!!!!

/end sarcasim
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

When I go to games, one of my favorite places to watch from is the concourse area right behind home plate. From my perspective there, the crowd is hanging on every pitch, and really into it.

No, we don't get the fever/intensity of the Citizens Bank Park/Fenway crowd, but the east coast and midwest are two different mentalities.

I do notice, though, that many fans show up rather late/leave rather early, and I doubt you see much of that at the aforementioned parks, but this is a proud town with a rich baseball history. Most everyone is wearing Cincinnati Reds stuff (and you don't necessarily see that at other parks i.e fans wearing gear)

As for the fanbase thing, I don't give a crap who someone else roots for.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Yea next time you see a fan from another team you should insult them for liking another team and make their park experience less enjoyable because they do not agree with you!!!!

/end sarcasim
    Been there, had that happen, one of the reasons why I despise the Cardinals!

Root for your team, but leave the other team's fans ALONE unless you want to be a class act-good sportsman and actually carry on a respectful conversation. Want to be a jerk? Stay home.

who cares

Turn Off Ads?