Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Fred Lewis update

Fred Lewis update

From John Fay:

–Fred Lewis, on the disabled list with strained right oblique, has begun his rehab assignment with the Carolina Mudcats. It won’t be a short stay.

“He didn’t have a lot of playing time when he got hurt,” Jocketty said. “He needs to get at-bats to gets his timing. It will be at least a couple off weeks.”

With position players rehab assignments are limited to 20 days.
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...hillips-et-al/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fred Lewis update

Vexing Rise in Oblique Injuries, and Little Explanation
    Nearly everyone has four of them — broad flat muscles, known as obliques, that attach the rib cage and the pelvis on each side of the body and, until recently, have not really been part of the sports lexicon. But now they are. The muscles are particularly important to baseball players, who use them to rotate their bodies as hard as possible to throw a ball and swing a bat, and increasingly those muscles are being injured and putting players like Tampa Bay’s Evan Longoria on the disabled list.

Maybe its true that certain workout regimen's and baseball movements don't mix real well--or improvement in anatomical identification of injuries
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Thanks for posting the update. I was just wondering about him. I still think the Reds will need him as an occasional starter in LF. And man would I love to see Stubbs bat sixth or seventh and have Lewis bat leadoff the days he starts.

This is why I don't do the P90X.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    This is why I don't do the P90X.
    Are you being serious? If so I can see why, it is very heavy on the shoulders, lats and back.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Are you being serious? If so I can see why, it is very heavy on the shoulders, lats and back.
    Not at all serious. If it was a P10X...I might be able to stay with it.

I'm 45 and thrilled to be married to the love of my life. My abs aren't a concern for either of us.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

-The Insider-

Move to Triple-A.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/it...ing_works.html

Creatine, a legal dietary supplement not banned by leagues, may be linked to oblique injury epidemic

If they start banning Creatine, baseball would be in a world of hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    If they start banning Creatine, baseball would be in a world of hurt.
    I'm sure they'd give them time to be phased off the stuff, or a period where a positive test doesn't equate a ban.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Reds failed this off-season to add a major player for the outfield. They have been playing Gomes every day. He should play against lefties and perhaps occasional righties. He should not play everyday and should not hit cleanup against righties.

Lewis is the lefty bat they added for the outfield. While not a big time player, he is capable and can lead off.

Reds need to get Lewis up to the major leagues and give him playing time ASAP. Against RHP, having Lewis, Votto, and Bruce in the lineup will help things IMO.

Hope he is ready soon.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Apparently, he was moved up to Louisville today. He led off for them and was 1 for 5 with a double. His AA stats:
    Code:
    Team	League	AVG	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	TB	BB	SO	SB	CS	OBP	SLG	OPS
    CAR	SOU	.261	7	23	3	6	3	0	0	1	9	4	4	1	0	.370	.391	.762
    These stats don't really indicate much besides he seems to be knocking the rust off. He's really going to need all the reps he can get, but at this point I'd rather have Sappelt in left...if he keeps up his pace until the All-Star break, he (Sap) just may knock down the door.
    Last edited by WebScorpion; 04-26-2011 at 01:47 AM.

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by WebScorpion View Post
    Apparently, he was moved up to Louisville today. He led off for them and was 1 for 5 with a double. His AA stats:
    Code:
    Team	League	AVG	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	TB	BB	SO	SB	CS	OBP	SLG	OPS
    CAR	SOU	.261	7	23	3	6	3	0	0	1	9	4	4	1	0	.370	.391	.762
    These stats don't really indicate much besides he seems to be knocking the rust off. He's really going to need all the reps he can get, but at this point I'd rather have Sappelt in left...if he keeps up his pace until the All-Star break, he (Sap) just may knock down the door.
    Yea he was. I mentioned it a few posts up.

Turn Off Ads?