Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Are you rooting for or against Eric Milton?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • For

135 84.91%
  • Against

24 15.09%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rooting for or against Milton?

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Rooting for or against Milton?

Are you rooting for Milton, so he can contribute to the success of this team, or against him, so they have no choice to get rid of him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rooting for or against Milton?

Why would you root against him? I'm rooting for him, but that's not going to make him any better.

I'm definately rooting for him, he's shown in the past he can be a good pitcher and spring training means nothing. I really hope he can step it up and surprise us.

I don't know.

Just thought I'd see what people say.

I'm rooting for him, of course, but my expectations are very very low. Here's hoping the bullpen doesn't have to pitch 7 innings

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

against. i want him out of here sooner rather than later. the quicker he is gone the sooner homer can start taking in major league innings

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Got to root for him, because I don't think they'd cut/DFA him if he does badly, so I might as well hope that he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    against. i want him out of here sooner rather than later. the quicker he is gone the sooner homer can start taking in major league innings
    I don't think it's Milton that's holding Homer back, right now it's Homer not being ready that's holding him back.

If Homer was truly ready to pitch in the Bigs I believe he'd be in the rotation one way or another. They'd find a spot.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post

I hope anyone who roots against him hopes it happens like this... REDS win 12-9 after Milton gives up 9 runs in 3 innings of work. To root against him in any other way is baffling to me. Team first... Homer or releasing someone second.

Personally I hope he goes 18-0 this year. Not b/c I am a member of the Milton fan club, but b/c I hope the REDS win each time they take the field. You wear a REDS uniform and take the field of play... I am 100% behind you.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Why would you root against him? I'm rooting for him, but that's not going to make him any better.
    Exactly.

I'm rooting for him, but him doing well tomorrow just prolongs what really needs to be done.

Here's to prolonging

I'm rooting for him, but I'm ready to be very cynical...

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    I'm rooting for him, but I'm ready to be very cynical...
    Good way to put it

I'm rooting for anyone wearing the wishbone C on their cap. Having said that, I feel Milton is the worst pitcher on this club. In fact, I feel it's safe to say his contract made this team out of spring training rather than his pitching skills.

I think it's crazy to root against him if you are a Reds fan. I root for everyone who puts on a Reds uniform. Division titles sometimes comes down to one game, where is the sense rooting against Milton when we may need every win we can get?

The Reds need a lefty in the rotation, having a healthy and effective Milton makes all the sense in the world. I say give him 3 starts and evaluate him then. In my opinion, his leash should be short if he bombs his first few starts, but I sure as heck root for him.

Turn Off Ads?