Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

Re: Lost Season 6 (Final Season!)

I didn't think there was any way we weren't going to be confused for the season opener. I'm not sure why people "want questions answered" so quickly. I love the direction they're going and we know this is the last season, so we know everything will be answered.

I thought tonight's episode was fantastic. The scene with Jack and Locke in LAX was genius.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

A few items of note from the plane. Clearly, some things were unchanged but others were different

- Shannon wasn't on the plane, but Boone was
    - Charlie was on the plane, but was different and knew he was supposed to die somehow
    - Did not see Michael or Walt (does not mean they weren't on the plane)
    - Hurley was different believing all his luck was good
    - Have no idea what to make of Desmond being on the plane

Jack, Rose & Bernard, Sun & Jin, Sayid, Sawyer, Kate, Locke, Boone - all appeared to be the same as when they originally got on Oceanic 815.

I have a hunch that baby Aaron and Walt are going to be a big part of the final season.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I loved the entire episode but the part where Juliet died in Sawyer's arms was too sad for me.

Too many thoughts in my head right now. I may have to come back tomorrow after I've had time to digest everything.

And apparently the producers have described this as the season of the 'Flash Sideways' which sounds appropriate with the two timelines we have going right now. I can't wait to see what's next!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Bernard was in the rear bathroom during the turbulence, which explains why he was one of the tail section survivors. Where was Ana Lucia, Libby, and Eko?

What happened to Desmond? How did he get on the plane?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

As soon as that episode was over, I grabbed a pen and paper to draw some convoluted time line diagrams.

These two eps didn't reveal much, but there's still a lot to digest:

In an interview once the creators said they wanted this last season to have a lot of parallels to season 1. When Locke says to Boone, "Why would I pull your leg?" that has to be a reference to when Locke and Boone found Remi's plane and Boone got hurt. They ended up amputating his leg. I think the scene where Jack tries to resuscitate Sayid is a word for word copy of a scene from an earlier season where Jack is trying to save someone and Kate tries to tell him it's hopeless. I can't remember who he's trying to save though.

As for Desmond, I have a feeling he's flashing like we've seen him do in earlier seasons. Hence, he's there one second and gone the next.

In the temple, when they hear Jacob is dead they mobilize to defend themselves from the Smoke Monster/New Locke/Black Shirt Guy. But the smoke monster has been roaming free around the island since season one. They want us to think New Locke is the smoke monster, but if that were the case, the Temple Others wouldn't all the sudden be afraid. So, either the smoke monster is its own entity and now that Jacob's dead New Locke has complete control over it...or, New Locke is the smoke monster but was kept somewhat in check by Jacob.

We really don't have enough info after two episodes to sort out the time line mess but it seems, as Heather mentioned, it's some sort of flash-sideways scenario. The time line splits in 1977 at the moment of The Incident. How are they still alive if the bomb went off? It must be the combination of the bomb and the electromagnetic energy. In the new time line, we see that the Island is underwater. However, Jacob is still around because Locke is alive and we know Jacob's the one who saved Lock when he was pushed out the window.

The greatest thing about this show is that I have no frickin clue what's going on. I'll spend the next week debating and rehashing stupid theories and ideas with my friends.

Okay, my brain hurts now. I'm going to bed.
    My name is Cheesy Beef Burrito

Seems like all the people in LAX keep running into each other even after the plane landed.....Their fate is too always be together no matter what the circumstances or time line...in some way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I love the direction they're going and we know this is the last season, so we know everything will be answered.
    I'm not so sure about that. I think there have been interviews where they've said they'll leave some things unexplained.

Great episode--I am really digging the parallel universe thing...

Question: When the survivors went to the temple last night to save Sayid, one of the OSO/FOJ (Old School Others/Friends of Jacob) quickly identified them by saying:

"They were on the first plane crash, flight 815...I know because I was on the plane"

Does anybody remember her from prior episodes? Was she a passenger, or part of the flight crew?

Pretty awesome night for ABC. They had better enjoy it while it lasts.

I believe she was the flight attendent.

Desmond can now be on the plane because he has no longer been stuck on the island pushing buttons for years. His life course changed by not being stuck there. The bomb being set off preceeded when he sailed to the island. Now presumably his boat never sails and he never encounters the island and his life goes on a new course.

Yea she was. We saw her briefly in season 3 when Jack, Kate and Sawyer were prisoners of the Others. A group of Others were lead by the cage. The flight attendant was one of those Others.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Great episode--I am really digging the parallel universe thing...

Question: When the survivors went to the temple last night to save Sayid, one of the OSO/FOJ (Old School Others/Friends of Jacob) quickly identified them by saying:

"They were on the first plane crash, flight 815...I know because I was on the plane"

Does anybody remember her from prior episodes? Was she a passenger, or part of the flight crew?

Pretty awesome night for ABC. They had better enjoy it while it lasts.
    I also could have sworn i saw Michael in the background at the Temple. But I could just be seeing things as Lost tends to make your mind bend. Did anyone happen to catch what the book was Hurley picked up? That is probably not an insignificant detail.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Did anyone happen to catch what the book was Hurley picked up? That is probably not an insignificant detail.
    I was Kierkegaard

http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/ima...7dfce486f098ee

Here's a good webpage for that sort of stuff.
    http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Thanks, I thought so. But I stupidly deleted my recording and couldn't rewatch...doh!

Wikipedia:
    Fear and Trembling (original Danish title: Frygt og Bæven) is an influential philosophical work by Søren Kierkegaard, published in 1843 under the pseudonym Johannes de silentio (John the Silent). The title is a reference to a line from Philippians 2:12, "...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling."

Fear and Trembling presents a highly original and provocative interpretation of the Binding of Isaac story as told in Genesis Chapter 22, and uses the story as an occasion to discuss fundamental issues in moral philosophy and the philosophy of religion, such as the nature of God and faith, faith's relationship with ethics and morality, and the difficulty of being authentically religious.

Turn Off Ads?