Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OJ Simpson Found Guilty

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

OJ Simpson Found Guilty

Exactly 13 years to the day he was acquitted of killing his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman.

Could spend the rest of his life in jail.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27010657/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: OJ Simpson Found Guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Exactly 13 years to the day he was acquitted of killing his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman.

Could spend the rest of his life in jail.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27010657/
    If he spends the rest of his life in jail, how will he ever be able to find the "real killers" of Nicole and Goldman? There are surely a few golf courses that O.J. has not yet had an opportunity to check out in his never ending quest to find those murderers.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

That's great news. I think OJ was guilty 13 years ago and I also think he's guilty of using a gun and intimidating a couple folks in this instance which is pretty much what he was convicted of. In a sense the two trials were connected because the whole reason OJ had this issue of moving his memorabilia around the "underground" was to avoid paying money to the Goldman family. He lost the civil trial because of how the criminal trial went and now it leads to this. It really did all come back to him.

Of course he'll appeal and he may still walk but he'll be in jail for awhile now and I doubt he has the fight he had as a 48 yr old. He also doesn't have Johnnie Cochran anymore. This process will be much harder on him this time around.

I too think he committed the crime a decade and a half ago, however based on our judicial system the 'right' verdict was reached. I'm a huge supporter of the beyond reasonable doubt. I'd rather a few guilty walk than many innocents go to jail.

Anyway, I too hope he is sentenced based only on this crime and not the specter of the previous one.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I love how no one cares anymore. It was a huge race war back in 95 but now its just a shoulder shrugger.

Of course he'll appeal and he may still walk
    Success with this strategy rests in the 1%-3% range.

Because there was a gun involved, he's facing a minimum 15 years.

Not sure where parole comes in or not- haven't caught that in the coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Does anyone think it was more then just coincedence that the jury handed their verdict down on that exact day?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Does anyone think it was more then just coincedence that the jury handed their verdict down on that exact day?
    Honest truth- I came a hair of writing in my original post the following:

Attention, GAC: You were right, I now believe.

(I know this is not what you are referring to, but I couldn't resist.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I love how no one cares anymore. It was a huge race war back in 95 but now its just a shoulder shrugger.
    The people I've talked to do care. They're thrilled. One commented "maybe this will knock the smirk off his face". I think it might depend on your age. I remember seeing OJ play football, compete in the Superstars on Wide World of Sports on Saturday afternoons, do Hertz commercials, Monday Night Football, etc...just be the all everything athlete. What happens to him now does interest me.

You know its just a shame when an upstanding citizen like Mr Simpson gets railroaded by the legal system and is found guilty of a crime for which he is totally innocent. The man has spent the last 13 years of his life searching for the killers of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman and this is the thanks he gets. This verdict just make me lose faith in the entire legal system.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

He's got a new book under contract. The working title is, "If I did threaten those people with a gun, here is how I would have done it."
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I guess it's time to retire the Joe Deters "OJ Simpson is playing golf today" cut from the Stooge Report file...

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    He's got a new book under contract. The working title is, "If I did threaten those people with a gun, here is how I would have done it."
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Last edited by Hap; 01-28-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Leaving 13 years ago, well, 13 years ago, I can't believe that I'm actually having a hard time wrapping my head around this and feeling good...

I mean: (1) I am a strong believer in all actual CRIMES having VICTIMS, and in this case? I see none. I see two weasels in possession of OJ's stuff who pretty much deserved to be shaked down and who were profiting from the incident within hours of it happening. Who really cares if these slimeballs got pee-your-pants scared while OJ and his henchmen were on their mission of recovery? Not I. Sue OJ for the cost of dry-cleaning and be done with it. (2) This case meets no common sense definition of "kidnapping" that I've ever contemplated. Maybe it meets a legal one, but since when has the law ever coincided 100% with common sense?

And then there's (3) the revenge factor. Whether the jury was retro-victing OJ for 13 years ago or not, I don't know or really care; but what we do know is that Vegas cops were bragging about being able to "get" OJ when LA couldn't, and the prosecutor's office approached it the same way. Vindictively. Which, hey, maybe that's fair motivation when it comes to OJ.... but in this case, he was tried concurrently with his primary accomplice, who had nothing to do with 13 years ago. It's impossible to feel any sympathy for OJ under any circumstances, but that's kinda sucky for that guy. But my guess is they HAD to be tried together for fear that if they weren't, the cases would diverge with being treated as a relatively tepid "crime" without much in the way of malice, while the other would still reek mightily of the "revenge factor" as it hurtled towards melodrama and maximum sentencing.

Rick

Turn Off Ads?