Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clemens and Pettitte called to testify to Congress...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Clemens and Pettitte called to testify to Congress...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Re: Clemens and Pettitte called to testify to Congress...

It's always fun when the circus comes to town.

Man this could be something Big! If Newyork's rivalry with Boston wasn't big enough if these 2 guys are shown to be known cheaters for an extended period of time. The smack on these 2 teams related boards is going to be epic!
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Ruh roh, Raggy!

“Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

This little get together might blow the baseball world apart. I'm glad it's happening in January and not March. Maybe things will die down a little before the season gets underway.

It's still Clemens word against McNamee, etc. There is no way the Feds can prove Clemens knew he was using steriods, if indeed, he was.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Does lying before a Congressional Committee carry the same penalty as lying before a Federal Grand Jury? .....just wondering....
    Last edited by Always Red; 01-04-2008 at 10:13 PM.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

What a silly waste of time and taxpayer money.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Are you kidding? This is vital to our national security.

By not supporting a hearing, you're emboldening our enemies....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Does lying before a Congressional Committee carry the same penalty as lying before a Federal Grand Jury? .....just wondering....
    If he's sworn in and then commits purgery, then he can go to the gray-bar hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    If he's sworn in and then commits purgery, then he can go to the gray-bar hotel.
    Does it have a breakfast buffet and more importantly high-speed internet access?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I'm glad they're calling him but don't expect anything of substance. He may very well pull a Mark McGwire and say something like "I'm not here to talk to about the past."

I think it is absolutely awesome! Baseball will never be bigger than it will be when it is done gutting these fish.

Haunted by walks

Congress is going to go all Foghorn Leghorn on these guys, but even though we roll our eyes, it's the only thing so far that's made baseball move on the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Congress is going to go all Foghorn Leghorn on these guys, but even though we roll our eyes, it's the only thing so far that's made baseball move on the problem.
    They could always wait until some borderline player trying to stay in the bigs dies from injecting cheap, black market product. That or wait 20 years and check the mortality rate for MLB players from this era.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I don't really think most people realize how many high school and college kids are injecting steroids. It's unbelievable actually. It starts at the top.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?