Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Re: 2011 Bengals Discussion Part II

Jets fall to Broncos tonight. Seeing as how they're probably our stiffest competition for the final playoff spot, especially with our tiebreaker edge over Tenn and Buff, I'd say this definitely helps the Bengals.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The legend of Tebow continues to grow...

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Not sure how long it will last if he has to take hits like he does week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    If my math is correct, and it is late, up until that last drive Tebow was 6-15 passing for 69 yards. He had rushed twice for 11 yards. And the Denver offense had only generated 134 yards.

It wasn't quite Jim Elway's "The Drive". But did anyone expect Tebow to lead the Broncos 95 yards down the field for a winning touchdown?

Ray Lewis out Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If my math is correct, and it is late, up until that last drive Tebow was 6-15 passing for 69 yards. He had rushed twice for 11 yards. And the Denver offense had only generated 134 yards.

It wasn't quite Jim Elway's "The Drive". But did anyone expect Tebow to lead the Broncos 95 yards down the field for a winning touchdown?
    I kinda did. For whatever reason that guy finds a way to do what is needed at the end of games. It might be ugly, but you can't argue his results. That whole team seems to play better when he's the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    AJ, Clements, and Pacman all did not practice yesterday. Without all three, the Bengals should be 20 point underdogs. Who the hell is going to play CB?
    Injured players hardly ever practice on Wednesday. On Thursday we only had two out and that's not bad

Green and tight end Donald Lee (foot) appeared to be the only players not suited for practice
    http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...2-14433dd303d9

It'll be nice to get Dunlap back

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Jets fall to Broncos tonight. Seeing as how they're probably our stiffest competition for the final playoff spot, especially with our tiebreaker edge over Tenn and Buff, I'd say this definitely helps the Bengals.
    Exactly. I'm beginning to think 9-7 will get us in
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 11-18-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Ray Lewis could miss more than this game too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...me-maybe-more/

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but what in the world was Gruden thinking running a reverse with AJ Green after his knee injury? That was insane. They were lucky that Green wasn't immediately lost for the year, and then they press their luck by running a play that puts a huge amount of pressure on his knees. It was so idiotic I darn near spit out my drink. To no one's surprise, at least not mine, Green didn't go in for another play that game.

This is tough to say, but if I'm the Bengals, I don't play Green Sunday and I don't think twice about it. He's obviously amazing, but he's not 100% and there's an excellent chance he'll further his injury. Rest him for a week and let him come back close to normal.
    Any snap in football where your running down the field and making cuts puts a tremendous amount of pressure on your knees. I didn't really mind the play call. If Green said he was ready to play then you need to get him into action right away. A reverse or slant or WR screen are the ways to go.

What's being said about Tebow now is almost word for word what was being said about Vince Young when he first got the starting role. "He just knows how to win." It's no different.

At the end of the day, if he doesn't learn to throw the ball better, he will not be starting in the NFL for long. I knew he wasn't the best passer in the world, but I was surprised last night at just how off he is with his throws. He really doesn't make any good ones. He's a gimmick right now, and there's just no way what he's doing now is sustainable.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    What's being said about Tebow now is almost word for word what was being said about Vince Young when he first got the starting role. "He just knows how to win." It's no different.

At the end of the day, if he doesn't learn to throw the ball better, he will not be starting in the NFL for long. I knew he wasn't the best passer in the world, but I was surprised last night at just how off he is with his throws. He really doesn't make any good ones. He's a gimmick right now, and there's just no way what he's doing now is sustainable.

Just being able to be accurate on 10-15 yard throws would help the Broncos offense out a lot.
    Right now he just looks like a running back that is allowed to throw 10 or so times a game.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post

I don't disagree with you and Tebow is a very compelling subject but why turn a Bengals thread into a discussion of Tim Tebow as a QB? Why did you choose this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't disagree with you and Tebow is a very compelling subject but why turn a Bengals thread into a discussion of Tim Tebow as a QB? Why did you choose this thread?
    Post #17 is where it started.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Carl's Lock: Cincinnati Bengals Vs. Baltimore Ravens

http://video.adultswim.com/carl/carl...re-ravens.html

Turn Off Ads?