Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 3

League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 3

Welcome to the third season of the League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty!

Time to get the ball rolling for another action-packed year of fantasy baseball excitement.

Yahoo fantasy baseball is going to open on Thursday, February 9th. I will start up the league on that date. Each of you should receive an email from Yahoo asking you to register and claim your team, so be sure to check the email account you used to sign up last year.

Once everyone gets registered for the league I will be able to add all our players to our rosters. I will need to know which 30 players you want to keep. You might have had more than 30 players at the end of the season if you had players on the Disabled List. I will be sending you PMs here on Redszone this evening. In the message will be your full roster, so just tell me which guys you want to cut to get down to 30 players. I will need your reply by Thursday of this week.

We will have a 5 round draft again this year. It will be a slow draft (10 hours per pick) and will begin sometime around March 5th-15th like we did last year. The draft order will be the reverse of last year's final standings and will be a straight draft. Last year only a few team owners made a pick in all 5 rounds. Most people selected 4 players.

Season 3 Draft Order:
    1) Vada Pinson Fan
    2) Joseph
    3) thatcoolguy_22
    4) mbgrayson
    5) New Owner (most likely Crosley68)
    6) Tornon
    7) reds1869
    8) HayPay
    9) Bumstead
    10) Captain Hook
    11) AtomicDumpling
    12) Plus Plus (new owner)

Draft rules:
    1. You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
    2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
    3. The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds.
    4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
    5. If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
    6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
    7. The draft will be a straight draft. All rounds have the same draft order.
    8. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.
    9. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings.
    10. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers.
    11. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.
    12. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.

2012 Waiver Priority:
    Waiver priority will be set as the reverse of the prior year's standings (same as the draft order).

Everyone is encouraged to post in this thread. Please share your thoughts, concerns, smack talk, banter and trade ideas so we can all discuss them as a group. An active league is a fun league.

Can't wait to get started!

-- Atomic Dumpling
    Last edited by AtomicDumpling; 02-07-2012 at 02:02 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 3

I bet it's not too often that someone new inherits the championship team from an existing keeper league.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I bet it's not too often that someone new inherits the championship team from an existing keeper league.
    Yeah usually you inherit a team the previous owner mangled all to Hell. I didn't exactly have to twist PlusPlus's arm to get him to adopt the squad.

Man I am soooo ready to get started this year. I have already been working on my draft list and identifying some potential trade targets. I want my dang title back!

Plus Plus has officially accepted his invitation to join the league. He has been playing fantasy baseball for a long time, but this is his first time in a dynasty roto league like ours.

Welcome aboard Plus Plus!

This is going to be great! I love our draft format and the friendly competition throughout the year.

Welcome to the new owners! I need big bats. I have big pitching!

Bum

Question, just for sake of discussion if nothing else....

With the open team slot, can an existing owner take over one of the open teams and allow his/her team to then become open to another owner or outside owner? Kind of like the Expos, Marlins thing a few years back with Jeffrey Loria.

Just food for thought.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Question, just for sake of discussion if nothing else....

With the open team slot, can an existing owner take over one of the open teams and allow his/her team to then become open to another owner or outside owner? Kind of like the Expos, Marlins thing a few years back with Jeffrey Loria.

Just food for thought.
    That is a good idea. I would be open to that suggestion the next time we have an opening. I have already offered the last team to the new owner this time around. I like your idea but we will have to wait until another team becomes available to implement the suggestion, unless Crosley68 decides to not take the team, but I think he will.

I also considered another possibility. If we have more than one team available it might be more fair to have the new owners hold a mini-draft of the players on the rosters of the teams that were abandoned. In other words, if we have two teams that need new owners and one of those teams is good and one is bad then one new owner is moving in to a much better situation than the other new owner. So maybe we should have them take turns selecting players off those two rosters until they are all gone. It would make things a little more even, plus it would be fun.

Luckily both of the replacement owners took over pretty good teams. One team might be better than the other but it is not a huge difference. I remember last year when mbgrayson took over his team that squad was in very bad shape. He made a lot of improvements very quickly, but he got thrown into a much tougher situation than the two new owners are getting right now.

Crosley68 has officially accepted his invitation to join the league. He is another experienced fantasy baseball player and should fit into our league very well.

Welcome aboard Crosley68!

Thanks a bunch! I am excited. I have played for many years but this is my first keeper league. You guys try not to take advantage of me too much!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    Crosley68 has officially accepted his invitation to join the league. He is another experienced fantasy baseball player and should fit into our league very well.

Welcome aboard Crosley68!
    Let's play two!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crosley68 View Post
    Thanks a bunch! I am excited. I have played for many years but this is my first keeper league. You guys try not to take advantage of me too much!
    I will try, but no guarantees!

Nowhere but down for me to go, I guess... looking forward to a great season and a lot of fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

all of my draft picks are now on the block. Looking for about everything

Everyone should have received their registration email today. Let me know if you did not get it.

Go ahead and register, then select your 30 keepers on your team page.

The official beginning of fantasy baseball means Spring is near right?

Have fun!

My keepers are set- if anyone wants to look for an early trade, let me know!
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Turn Off Ads?