Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bengals discussion

Re: 2012 Bengals discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    That's mainly thanks to some phenomenal plays by AJ Green
    Not to mention the fact they are counting 30 yarders and up, to me that's not "deep". I think 30-40 is doable for virtually every NFL QB, it's more like 40 and beyond that I would consider deep.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

While I agree that Wallace may not be the perfect fit for the reasons mentioned, I think Dalton's "lack of arm strength" fits with Green's skill set spectacularly. Essentially they only throw deep to Green where he can get isolated into single coverage and it's him versus a much smaller cb. It's not as much fun I suppose as hitting a speed burner in mid stride but there's a hell of a lot more margin for error timing wise and it has a lot fewer things that need to go right to make it work. Essentially if Green ever sees single coverage, it should almost be an automatic, run 30 yards turn around and find the ball. I'll take the odds on him getting that ten times over even a strong armed quarterback hitting a receiver in stride.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I always assumed most of those under throws were purposely done. Teams always had a safety helping out on AJ, had Dalton led him perfectly on a lot of those passes it would have been into trouble. I just assumed the under thrown jump ball was what he was aiming for.

There were times that he hit him in stride when there wasn't help over the top. Against Seattle on a bomb, and against St. Louis. He also overthrew him on quite a few occasions.

It's not often that you're going to want your QB to lay one out 55 yards in the air or anything, if he can hit the 40 yard-ish plays with any accuracy whatsoever it would be more than enough to hit a lot of homeruns imo.

My bold pre-combine predictions.

DeCastro won't test as well as people think.
    Janoris Jenkins will test very well.
    Most of the weekend will be spent discussing Peyton Manning.

Richardson will start moving down some draft boards. This will be a combination of the knee, needs of the teams picking, and his interviews. I think he stands a shot at getting to 17. The question is do the Bengals address the position in FA. If they do, what do they do on draft day, if he is available? I would probably pass.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

Richardson will start moving down some draft boards. This will be a combination of the knee, needs of the teams picking, and his interviews. I think he stands a shot at getting to 17. The question is do the Bengals address the position in FA. If they do, what do they do on draft day, if he is available? I would probably pass.
    The only RB on the FA market I really like is Michael Bush. And I'd still take Richardson if he's there at 17- even if they sign Bush. Even if he falls out of the top 15, I have a hard time seeing how he gets past the Jets at 16 given their needs. Still, I'd LOVE for it to happen. Richardson, Floyd, and DeCastro are the top three guys I'd like to see the Bengals get in this draft (assuming Blackmon and Claiborne are unrealistic). If the Bengals could somehow get 2 of those 3 (and sign the other position in FA), I'd dance a jig!
    Go BLUE!!!

The only RB on the FA market I really like is Michael Bush. And I'd still take Richardson if he's there at 17- even if they sign Bush. Even if he falls out of the top 15, I have a hard time seeing how he gets past the Jets at 16 given their needs. Still, I'd LOVE for it to happen. Richardson, Floyd, and DeCastro are the top three guys I'd like to see the Bengals get in this draft (assuming Blackmon and Claiborne are unrealistic). If the Bengals could somehow get 2 of those 3 (and sign the other position in FA), I'd dance a jig!
    What's not to like about Marshawn Lynch?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's not to like about Marshawn Lynch?
    I don't think he's going anywhere. Ditto Ray Rice, Matt Forte, and likely Arian Foster. Should have qualified my statement with guys who will likely be available.
    Go BLUE!!!

I don't think he's going anywhere. Ditto Ray Rice, Matt Forte, and likely Arian Foster. Should have qualified my statement with guys who will likely be available.
    I wouldn't mind paying a 1st round pick for Ray Rice or even Matt Forte. I wonder how much of a "system" back Foster is. Not saying that he isn't a great back, but that Kubiac system has done wonders for Foster's backup as well.

IMO draft picks are valued at an all time high right now. At 21 your odds of getting a Ray Rice caliber player are very slim. Even if Baltimore franchises Rice you can still sign him giving up your 1st round draft pick. Rice make the Bengals much, much better while also hurting the Ravens. Rice would give Dalton a nice outlet to have catching the ball out of the backfield. He would be a fantastic player to have in orange and black. That said I just don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying a 1st round pick for Ray Rice or even Matt Forte. I wonder how much of a "system" back Foster is. Not saying that he isn't a great back, but that Kubiac system has done wonders for Foster's backup as well.

IMO draft picks are valued at an all time high right now. At 21 your odds of getting a Ray Rice caliber player are very slim. Even if Baltimore franchises Rice you can still sign him giving up your 1st round draft pick. Rice make the Bengals much, much better while also hurting the Ravens. Rice would give Dalton a nice outlet to have catching the ball out of the backfield. He would be a fantastic player to have in orange and black. That said I just don't see it happening.
    The point is, their teams aren't going to let them go. They are going to Franchise them and match any offer. I'd give up a 1st rounder for Rice or Forte also, but it won't matter.
    Go BLUE!!!

The point is, their teams aren't going to let them go. They are going to Franchise them and match any offer. I'd give up a 1st rounder for Rice or Forte also, but it won't matter.
    Not necessarily. The Bengals could sign them to an offer sheet that each of their teams can't match.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Not necessarily. The Bengals could sign them to an offer sheet that each of their teams can't match.
    Not going to happen. I'll bet you on it. Specifically with Rice.
    Go BLUE!!!

Not going to happen. I'll bet you on it. Specifically with Rice.
    Never said it was going to happen. Not going to be on something that I realize isn't going to happen. Just saying that it could happen within the rules of the league.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

You can forget about Wallace. The Steelers are intent on keeping him.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post

I'll be surprised if DeCastro doesn't test pretty well across the board. But not sure it'll matter if he isn't stellar most people seem to like him because he is as polished as he is talented. Jenkins won't likely run a staggering 40 but he'll probably run well enough and test well in most every other aspect.

I think you are right on Richardson, he is sliding a bit. He is likely to go in the neighborhood of #17. And if there yeah I jump on him.

Hoping for something like Richardson, DeCastro & CB Trumaine Johnson in the 1st 2 rounds.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Well, I was wrong on Decastro's agility. He pretty much solidified his status. Cordy Glenn running a 5.15 40, at 345? Wow.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?