Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade rumor thread

Re: Official trade rumor thread.

I like beltran but agree he may need to go to the AL to DH.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Seriously? I would imagine that if they kept Choo to the tune of 5 years/$100 million, he would be the starting LF. He does still get on base against LHP, so he's not a complete loss.

If anything, I would imagine they would have a de facto four-man OF, with Choo sharing time with both Ludwick and Hamilton in LF/CF.
    Platoon for 20M a year? That would be $33M for a Ludwick/Choo platoon in 2013 (counting Luddy's $4.5M option in 2015). Not even the Yankees or Dodgers would consider that kind of money for a LF.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Platoon for 20M a year? That would be $33M for a Ludwick/Choo platoon in 2013 (counting Luddy's $4.5M option in 2015). Not even the Yankees or Dodgers would consider that kind of money for a LF.
    I know. That's why I was incredulous at the suggestion.

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Per MLBTradeRumors; Sheldon is under the impression Bailey will be made available. Their is a sense that Homer isn't perceptive to signing a long term contract so the Reds may look deal him.

Is anyone else getting the weird feeling this might be the offseason we have been waiting for where the Reds make a bunch of moves and it ends up not being nearly as good of a result we all hoped for?

7. Likes:

bounty37h (10-08-2013),marcshoe (10-08-2013),REDREAD (10-08-2013),redsfandan (10-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Is anyone else getting the weird feeling this might be the offseason we have been waiting for where the Reds make a bunch of moves and it ends up not being nearly as good of a result we all hoped for?
    Reds might choose to make moves for the long term and the team next year might suffer.

Reds might choose to make moves for next year, add some tested veterans, which may help next year.

Or a combination.

No way to judge until we see the direction. They have plenty of guys who could depart but we have no idea the kinds of players they will add.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-08-2013)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...es-price-.html

Internal Yankees candidates such as Pete Mackanin, Tony Pena, Don Wakamatsu and Dave Miley are also on Marchand's list, while high-profile names like Dusty Baker, Tony La Russa and Lou Piniella are seen as long shots.
    Since when did the Yankees become the Reds of the last decade? I thought that was Washington's job.

Cardinals outfielder Carlos Beltran will be in high demand this winter, writes Buster Olney of ESPN.com (Insider sub. req'd). Olney feels that the Mets, Rangers, Yankees, Orioles, Phillies, and Reds could all be players for Beltran. At 36, Beltran may prefer to go to an American League club and DH.
    Really need to pay up for an ESPN Insider pass....you just can't get this type of astute breakdown anywhere.

This would be just like the Reds to grab an ex-Cardinal after he's been productive for them and ready to decline.

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    Really need to pay up for an ESPN Insider pass....you just can't get this type of astute breakdown anywhere.
    Buster blocked me on twitter because I used to say things like "You just named half of MLB in a trade rumor, you get paid for this?"

14. Likes:

OldXOhio (10-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    This would be just like the Reds to grab an ex-Cardinal after he's been productive for them and ready to decline.
    The Cardinals have the same see decision to make with Beltran as the Reds have with Arroyo. I don't know if a qualifying offer will/should be made to Beltran.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    What kind of feeling will you get if they do nothing ? I don't think that they will improve very much, payroll is to high. I don't want them to keep players that don't want to be here. We haven't heard the fallout with Brandon Phillips over the Baker firing yet. That said I don't want them to stand pat.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubba View Post
    What kind of feeling will you get if they do nothing ? I don't think that they will improve very much, payroll is to high. I don't want them to keep players that don't want to be here. We haven't heard the fallout with Brandon Phillips over the Baker firing yet. That said I don't want them to stand pat.
    Oh, I don't want them to stand pat at all. I am just nervous/anxious I guess - but that does not mean I am not excited as well.

18. Likes:

redsfandan (10-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I think we could only get Profar for Bailey if Bailey and Rangers worked out an extension prior to the trade.

That being said, I'd do it.
    I think we can only get Profar for Bailey in an alternate universe where Profar isn't an OBP monster and defensive whiz who has been the Rangers top prospect since he was 18.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

20. Likes:

mth123 (10-08-2013),RiverRat13 (10-08-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I think we can only get Profar for Bailey in an alternate universe where Profar isn't an OBP monster and defensive whiz who has been the Rangers top prospect since he was 18.
    Can he pitch? I live in TX, and I see the Rangers a lot on tv. This is their rotation:

Y. Darvish
    M. Garza
    D. Holland
    M. Perez
    N. Tepesch

Darvish is a stud, better than ANY pitcher the Reds have. after that, meh. Holland is pretty good, a solid #2. the rest are ok, Martin Perez has some upside.

Bailey is better than Holland. A Darvish/Bailey/Holland rotation makes them division favorites IMO.

I'd hate to see Bailey go, but that is deal that makes a ton of sense for both teams.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

22. Likes:

redsfandan (10-08-2013)

Turn Off Ads?