Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5/15/07 Minors Updates

Re: 5/15/07 Minors Updates

Quote Originally Posted by DntKnw View Post
    Three bad outings (out of 13) . . .

Apr 29 @BEL 1.1IP 4H 3ER 0BB 3K (save)
    May 04 KCC 0.1IP 3H 2ER 2BB 1K
    May 11 PEO 0.2IP 5H 4ER 1BB 0K (loss)

That's 2.1IP 12H 9ER 3BB 4K (34.75 ERA/6.44 WHIP) and (17.2K/9) for those three games.

It's 10.2IP 5H 2ER 6BB 16K (1.69 ERA/1.03 WHIP) and (15.0K/9) in his other ten games (with 4 saves).

Maybe, he needs to keep from focusing on the Ks.
    You must have meant the bolded correction I made. To add up to the website #'s, he must have later pitched an additional 3 innings with a 0.0 era and 7 SO.
    Last edited by Stingray; 05-15-2007 at 10:45 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    You must have meant the bolded correction I made. To add up to the website #'s, he must have later pitched an additional 3 innings with a 0.0 era and 7 SO.
    I stand corrected. I miscalculated the K/9 and I missed some innings on his line. It's getting late and my math goes to heck.

The corrected line for his other ten games should be . . .

13.2IP 5H 2ER 7BB 23K (1.32 ERA/0.88WHIP) and (15.14 K/9)

WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by DntKnw View Post
    I stand corrected. I miscalculated the K/9 and I missed some innings on his line. It's getting late and my math goes to heck.

The corrected line for his other ten games should be . . .

13.2IP 5H 2ER 7BB 23K (1.32 ERA/0.88WHIP) and (15.14 K/9)

WOW!
    Those are sure spectular #'s. I wonder what he's doing it with. Sure looks like a possible closer.

When Rojas is "on", he's unhittable. He's a diminutive guy, so maybe he has stamina issues. The Dragons don't use him as the exclusive closer though, so they don't run him out there every chance they get. He had a horrible game last Friday night. Maybe someone who was there could explain what happened. I'm guessing he didn't have any movement on his pitches like he normally does, and they just teed off on him. He usually has some really sick movement on his stuff.

Janish is said to have very good above average defense. His footwork is supposed to be great as is his arm.
    He's also been getting time at 3B, now just 1 rung below EdE.

Will Valaika be promoted before the end of the month? He came from college, its not like he's too young, why aren't they promoting him? What else does he have to prove?
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Will Valaika be promoted before the end of the month? He came from college, its not like he's too young, why aren't they promoting him? What else does he have to prove?
    Honestly, its probably because they have no one else to play SS for Dayton. I have a fairly good feeling if Milton Loo were ready to go at the start of the year Valaika would have been in Sarasota.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Honestly, its probably because they have no one else to play SS for Dayton. I have a fairly good feeling if Milton Loo were ready to go at the start of the year Valaika would have been in Sarasota.
    I doubt that's it. My guess is the brass liked the way the Billings team played last season and figured the was some positive synergy to be gained by keeping most of those guys together early in 2007. In particular, Valaika and Turner seem to jell quite nicely. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if those two get promoted at the same time.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I think it's a combination. Tordi has played a bit at short this year, with Rojo at second...so I think they've got the players, but little depth. Maybe they're waiting for a few of the extended spring training guys to get moved after the draft.

Turn Off Ads?