Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How do we handle Devin's issue

How do we handle Devin's issue

Well he is probably looking at anywhere from 5-10 games suspended for his disagreement with the homeplate ump last night. Now I keep hearing we can't replace his roster spot, thus we will be playing a man down during those games, but the Reds MUST bring up another catcher. Problem is neither AAA catchers are on 40 man roster. So what do the Reds do?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: How do we handle Devin's issue

Why can't we replace his roster spot? If a player is suspend he isn't on the 25 man roster.

Cut Costanzo from the 40 man and call up Navarro.

Why can't Hanigan play all the games while he's suspended? He gets a bulk of the PT anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Why can't we replace his roster spot? If a player is suspend he isn't on the 25 man roster.

Cut Costanzo from the 40 man and call up Navarro.
    According to Chris Welch last night, one a player is suspended you can not replace his roster spot, thus you play a man down. Not sure if that is correct, but that is what they were reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Redleg82 View Post
    Why can't Hanigan play all the games while he's suspended? He gets a bulk of the PT anyway.
    That's what is going to happen, but a rule of thumb is that you absolutely NEED 2 catchers. If you only have one and for some reason he goes down, you might as well forefeit.

What if he gets hurt, whom is your backup?

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Valdez, he plays everywhere else.

Valdez, he plays everywhere else.
    So you are okay with going with just one catcher, making him catch all the upcoming games and not have a reliable backup...

When has Hanigan ever gotten hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    When has Hanigan ever gotten hurt?
    Just the other night...

If something did happen to Hannigan, you'd only be stuck for that one game. You could always bring up the guy from AAA for the next game.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Nerdvana Annihilation

So you are okay with going with just one catcher, making him catch all the upcoming games and not have a reliable backup...

No, but I'd see what Valdez could do. We don't have another catcher on the 40 man. Why make things weird for a 10 game suspension at most? Hanigan has been pretty healthy, enough for me not to worry about it. Worst case scenario you plug someone in for one or two games.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

No, but I'd see what Valdez could do. We don't have another catcher on the 40 man. Why make things weird for a 10 game suspension at most? Hanigan has been pretty healthy, enough for me not to worry about it. Worst case scenario you plug someone in for one or two games.
    That absolutely won't and should not happen. Catcher isn't just a position on the field.

If Mes is gone a catcher will be recalled to take his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    That absolutely won't and should not happen. Catcher isn't just a position on the field.

If Mes is gone a catcher will be recalled to take his place.
    You're prob right, I'm not involved in professional baseball in any way, at best I'm a mediocre armchair GM.

All I'm saying is, I think you could get away with having 1 catcher for 10 games. If Hanigan gets hurt then you call someone up.

Turn Off Ads?