Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Colts V Jets

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Colts V Jets

I just dont see a scenario where the Jets can outplay the Colts for an hour.

I like to look at the process more than the results, and if you're relying on your running back to throw a long bomb and Braylon Edwards not to drop that pass next time, your odds don't look good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

Don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.

Impressive drive by the Colts when it looked like they were starting to play stagnant football. Good injection of emotion before the half.
    I'm not congratulating myself- it's just sort of silly to blame a game that happened a month ago on today's results. They have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Then again, the Pats played to win and lost Wes Welker.

The present knows nothing of the past- there are no karma gods attacking the Colts right now. They're being outplayed, and it has nothing to do with resting starters.
    I don't think the Pats were playing that game to win. In general, though, I agree, I don't really believe in karma.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm not congratulating myself- it's just sort of silly to blame a game that happened a month ago on today's results. They have nothing to do with each other.
    I don't want to get into an argument, but I think that's a pretty simplistic view of sports. This isn't Madden football, these are real people with real emotions and real memories -- the Jets know the Colts laid down for them, they know that the Colts were more concerned about getting their star players some rest than with eliminating them from the playoffs.

These sorts of things can matter in big games. The unquantifiable extra that makes the difference between winning and losing.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Jets just played a near perfect first half and only lead by 4. I think the Colts pull this one out.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Why wouldn't the Colts be more concerned with their team rather than another team? The Jets sure didn't seem to mind when the Colts rested their starters (in fact, Ryan begged them to do just that).

Colts are not only going to come back in the second half, but I think they cover the 8 point spread too.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Jets just played a near perfect first half and only lead by 4. I think the Colts pull this one out.
    Additionally, how much deeper can they go in their playbook?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Can I blame Rex Ryan for the fact that I can't seem to stop eating during the game? You'd think he'd have the opposite effect, though, wouldn't you?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I don't want to get into an argument, but I think that's a pretty simplistic view of sports. This isn't Madden football, these are real people with real emotions and real memories -- the Jets know the Colts laid down for them, they know that the Colts were more concerned about getting their star players some rest than with eliminating them from the playoffs.

These sorts of things can matter in big games. The unquantifiable extra that makes the difference between winning and losing.
    We're just talking, my friend.

That game was 4 weeks ago- I just find it hard to believe that the Colts are carrying that around with them for 28 days and are letting that get into their heads. That's a long time.

Resting does not hurt anything- look at college bowl games, these teams dont play for 6 weeks and they come out and win.

Talent trumps psychology, for me. The mental stuff is fun to fill a sports broadcast with an talk about, but I really don't think karma or emotions over a 4 week old football game are eating at the Colts. They beat the tar out of the Ravens after all that hoopla over resting, and now all of a sudden they shouldn't have rested their players becuase of a bad 2 quarters against the Jets?

The Colts will NOT lose to the Jets, mark it.

Manning to Garcon! Touchdown, and the Colts are on top!!!

20-17, COLTS!

Last edited by Redsfan320; 01-24-2010 at 05:02 PM.
    I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Why wouldn't the Colts be more concerned with their team rather than another team? The Jets sure didn't seem to mind when the Colts rested their starters (in fact, Ryan begged them to do just that).

Colts are not only going to come back in the second half, but I think they cover the 8 point spread too.
    I hope you are right about that spread. They owe me from the first game they played

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I don't think the Pats were playing that game to win. In general, though, I agree, I don't really believe in karma.
    Wes Welker was on the field was my point. He shouldn't have been because he had nothing to gain by being there.

And if The Pats weren't playing to win, then Bellichek should not have had Brady in the whole game (with the exception of a few series).

Wes Welker was on the field was my point. He shouldn't have been because he had nothing to gain by being there.

And if The Pats weren't playing to win, then Bellichek should not have had Brady in the whole game (with the exception of a few series).
    If they were really playing to win, they wouldn't have taken Brady out at all, and definitely not at the end of both halves to see the backup QB run the 2-minute drill. I don't know what BB was really doing, but it felt almost like a 3rd pre-season game, not resting anyone(who wasn't already injured) or trying to win, like they were still working on things. Of course, the whole plan might have changed after Welker got hurt, even the Colts starters played as deep into the game as he did.

TD, COLTS!!!

They just may win this thing!!!!!!

27-17, COLTS!!!!!!!

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Turn Off Ads?