Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sargent Shriver honored in funeral Mass today...

Sargent Shriver honored in funeral Mass today...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...8da26141d2e84f

One of the truly Great Americans!

It's sad that he never became President. The World would have been much better for it.

http://www.sargentshriver.org/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sargent Shriver honored in funeral Mass today...

What is ironic about his life is that he was perhaps the most "Kennedy" of all the Kennedy's, and he was only one through marriage.

His list of achievements is overwhelming and inspiring. And for the most part, he shy'd away from taking credit for any of it. A rare example of a true altruist.

He definitely will be missed. RIP
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

It's a little known fact that he came up with the concept for RSS feeds. That's the reason they use the acronym RSS to match his initials, Robert Sargent Shriver. But again he didn't want to take credit so not many people know about it.

/Jerry Seinfeld Impersonation
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It's a little known fact that he came up with the concept for RSS feeds. That's the reason they use the acronym RSS to match his initials, Robert Sargent Shriver. But again he didn't want to take credit so not many people know about it.
    Very interesting.

Is that some kind of test of our gullibilities?

According to Wiki:

RSS (most commonly expanded as Really Simple Syndication) is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format.[2] An RSS document (which is called a "feed", "web feed",[3] or "channel") includes full or summarized text, plus metadata such as publishing dates and authorship. Web feeds benefit publishers by letting them syndicate content automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Is that some kind of test of our gullibilities?

According to Wiki:
    Thanks, Sea Ray. I can be very gullible, and I almost added to my post, "Is this supposed to be a joke?" Well, I fell for it.

But, Shriver was extremely well-rounded as an individual, and it wouldn't have surprised me one bit if it was true.

/Jerry Seinfeld Impersonation
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?