Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball America's Top 100 list - 3 Reds

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Baseball America's Top 100 list - 3 Reds

Can't believe we have been slacking so much today. This is usually one of the biggest days of the year when it comes to prospects.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2612998.html

16 Devin Mesoraco c, Reds Age: 23. ETA: 2012.
    The Punxsutawney, Pa., native expects to deliver at least six more years of slugging in Cincinnati.

48 Billy Hamilton ss, Reds Age: 21. ETA: 2014.
    Posted the first 100-steal year in the minors in a decade; can he continue to do it at higher levels?

75 Zack Cozart ss, Reds Age: 26. ETA: 2012.
    Big league ready for most of the last two years; just needs to stay healthy.

Alonso (33) and Grandal (53) also made the list.

There were also a bunch of Reds questions answered in the chat, which can be found here: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...2/2613016.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America's Top 100 list - 3 Reds

Callis predicts Cozart will be NL ROY. Nice

What is the deal with Reds fans on the chat? Amazing how many questions about the Reds!
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Will a 260/310/400 season really win ROY this season?

Or does Jim Callis believe Cozart could provide more help than we here on Redszone?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Where did you get those numbers...?
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Will a 260/310/400 season really win ROY this season?

Or does Jim Callis believe Cozart could provide more help than we here on Redszone?
    At shortstop, that could win the award. Though I think Callis expects more from Cozart than that. I wouldn't be surprised if he went .280/.335/.450, though .270/.325/.425 seems more likely.

Cozart would be a good pick to win RoY, too bad some dude from Punxsutawney is going to win it this year

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Cozart would be a good pick to win RoY, too bad some dude from Punxsutawney is going to win it this year

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    Don't get me wrong--I love Groundhog Day, and it's one of my favorite movies--but Phil Connors was such a wuss. He was stuck on the same day for less than two months! (Granted, it was implied that he spent much more time than that, but I never saw it.)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    At shortstop, that could win the award. Though I think Callis expects more from Cozart than that. I wouldn't be surprised if he went .280/.335/.450, though .270/.325/.425 seems more likely.
    If he goes 280/335/450, he'd be a 3.5+ win improvement over last season. (Assuming health and 155 games played and similar defense.)

I haven't been paying close attention, but is ZC healthy now after the surgery?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I haven't been paying close attention, but is ZC healthy now after the surgery?
    He claims to be.

Small observation, but it's interesting given Buckley's focus on up-the-middle players that the three Reds (and 4 out of 5 if you include the Latos guys) on the list are up-the-middle players, especially C and SS- probably the two most difficult positions to find top prospects in the game.

2 of the 7 SS on the list and 2 (counting Grandal) of the 7 C are Reds. That's pretty impressive!

Now let's get a big bopper and a top-flight arm to add to the list!
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?